Is there a way to apply the Kinovea xml to an on-line video and play it in a browser?  The process flow is:

1) "Coach" downloads on-line mp4. (This is doable now)
2) "Coach" applies Kinvovea magic to mp4. (This is doable now, I think)
3) Kinovea provides the associated xml file for the video which can then be uploaded to a database associate with the video (I think I can figure out the upload if I can get access to the xml files)
4) Some other user accesses the original mp4 on-line through a standard browser (e.g. FireFox) and the on-line application indicates there is "Kinovea inside".  If the user clicks that checkbox then the Kinovea overlays play.  (So I think what this means is that there needs to be a special browser player to make this all work.)

I can kind of do this now using "Jing" (www.jingproject.com) but I use it only for grabbing a frame of the video and making an annotated still shot.  I'd love to be able to do this with Kinovea and make an annotated video.

Hope this makes sense.

replayguy wrote:

4) Some other user accesses the original mp4 on-line through a standard browser (e.g. FireFox) and the on-line application indicates there is "Kinovea inside".  If the user clicks that checkbox then the Kinovea overlays play.  (So I think what this means is that there needs to be a special browser player to make this all work.)

Yes, it would mean programming a specific web player.
Technically it may be an interesting challenge, but I'm not sure about the added value: if you want to share a video with the drawings overlaid, you can save it in this way and upload it as is. If you want to share a bare video with the drawings as a separate file so the viewers can recombine them later, you can also easily do so (although the combination will have to happen in Kinovea).

Still, it would be interesting in regard to the key images positions and comments, things that are lost when simply saving with drawings painted on. But the web player would have to be capable of handling them.
I am going to focus on the desktop application, but if anyone wants to leverage the XML data in any way for web oriented usage, you're welcome. The format is hopefully relatively straightforward.

Lots of added value for me.  I have hundreds of thousands of sport clips on-line.  And the idea is to let different coaches annotate different instances of the same video as much as they like.  Storing the XML (or whatever) in a database takes a lot less space (and time to upload) than re-generating and uploading copies of the video.   You can get an idea by going to www.gamedayfilmz.com and then clicking on the "PlaySearch Demo" to see what I'm doing in general. Then do see how I'm annotating (frames only) read the news on the home page titled. "Now Paint a Picture".  I really think this capability is vital.

As an aside if you look at the "2009: BHS @ RHS (SxS)" you will see how I've been gluing together synced videos for the last 5 years or so.  The difference is that I leave the video blank if unavailable instead of first/last frame.