1 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-02 08:34:07)

Would it be possible to make a floating Origo, that could be placed in the video like the marker. This "origo" would track it´s position and create a rough reference to other moving object if the camera was moving. Of course this would not be a scientific measurement standard, but would give the coach some better ideas...;).  I have experimented with using a dedicated tracking marker as an origo and then manually editing the data in my Spreadsheet...

I'm afraid I'm not sure what an "Origo" is tongue Can you elaborate ? The origin of coordinates ?

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-02 10:06:15)

Yes. The origin of coordinates... smile
With this function it would become possible to make rough comparisons on videos not filmed from a stable tripod and if there could be TWO floating referencepoints linked to the measurement tool, we would have a way to overcome some filming angle and distance issues...?

Would it be ok to have an option on trajectories to "Set the origin of coordinates to follow this track" ? (or similar wording)
(I don't know how hard it will be to implement, but that would avoid creating a new object / tool.)

I know this kind of trick is also used in pure mechanics, to express the trajectory of a point relatively to a moving coordinate system. (for example, the edge of a moving wheel relatively to the center).
(pyMecaVideo, for Linux, can do that)

In sports, this could be useful to express, for example, the hand motion relatively to the elbow, the elbow relatively to the shoulder, foot to knee, etc.

Regarding stabilization of hand held videos, I had started working on it from another approach. For the more advanced visual effects, the motion of the camera has to be computed from the way the background change over time. This can be used to align images over each other by reversing the computed motion.
It only works when the camera is looking straight ahead though, but it could be helpful.

I think your suggestion would work good enough smile for my simple purposes...