1 (edited by jon 2011-05-29 12:19:30)

This thread is aimed at developing a better User experience. Please post suggestions for ways to improve the the usability of Kinovea. Any little thing from shortcuts to ideas for toolbars are welcomed.

====================================

I have compiled a few of my own ideas and ideas from previous forums.
- Vertical scroll
- Floating thumbnails

2 (edited by jon 2011-05-30 05:42:03)

- ability to 'right-click' and delete/rename video from file explorer (sidebar) tab the same as the main window.

- ability to drag and select multiple files in main File Explorer page

- F5 to refresh File Explorer page after deleting/renaming videos in windows.

- default file type when saving/exporting video from player

====================

- ability to not show key images toolbar when drawing on video. Every time the toolbar pops up it alters the size of the video and it is particularly annoying tongue Maybe there should be ability to set 'default' option for those who like the toolbar to pop up.

- Key image toolbar - ability to right-click to delete/rename key image (the cross to delete key image is hard to see)

===================

jon wrote:

Can you elaborate, I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this. Double selection to directly open in dual player mode ?

jon wrote:

- F5 to refresh File Explorer page after deleting/renaming videos in windows.

Maybe this could be automated somehow. For the observational reference menu, we register ourselves to Windows to be notified when there is a change in the folder, so we trigger a rebuild of the menu to reflect the new list of files.
Maybe we could do something similar by registering for changes on the current directory and rebuild the file list upon notification.

(Maybe also consolidate the list in the first post to keep track of those intertwined with discussions)

joan wrote:
jon wrote:

Can you elaborate, I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this. Double selection to directly open in dual player mode ?

Left click, hold and drag to select multiple files like in windows (does this make sense?). This was merely aimed to delete multiple files at once without having to right click + delete every time.

Also, the delete key should be a shortcut to deleting videos in the file explorer main window (when the video thumbnail is selected).