Hi all,

I'm doing a fairly long-term motion analysis with stick insects which requires me to analyze the motion in an 8-minute long video. My problem is, when I export the track data, I get tens of thousands of data points because the data is taken at 3ms intervals. Is there a setting where I only export the data from every 1 second or so?

In the end, I want to go from exporting over tens of thousands of data points, to ideally less than 500.

Thanks

At the moment this is not possible. You would have to decimate the data points in an external software.

I have started to work on improving tracking and measurement for the next version, and one area that I want to improve upon is the way the resulting data is presented and how it can be exported. Interpolation and decimation would be good candidates features for this.

In the next version plots of the measured data can be created directly in Kinovea, the problematic issue is mostly to design a good user interface to present the plot(s) and allow for flexible ways to export raw or filtered data.