A simple menu option to directly enter the pixel size of candidate window would, for me at least, be BETTER than drag and drop window sizing.
The drag and drop candidate sizing functionality once present, is now seemingly gone on my version(?)

Is the size of the candidate window coded in pixels somewhere convenient that I could find/change??

Recently I did some tracking where it worked fine if I draped a black sheet over some distracting background elements

I am confident it also would have worked perfectly If I could have simply reduced the candidate window size from for example 200x200pixels to 100x100 pixels - As I was working on 120 frames per second, candidate window can be smaller than at 30fps.

Other than the draped sheet, another work around was cropping the videos to make them effectively more zoomed in relative to the candidate window size - but it is rather cumbersome to do repeatedly and for partial areas of the video.
I cunningly HOPED I could zoom in and the candidate window would stay the same size but alas....it grew too.

Anyone else enjoying the zoom click, click, direct zoom mantra?
I am wondering when the magnified window would be used/useful? I thought it would be for selecting points, but I can't select within the window and thus need to switch to direct zoom every time.

David

mccanndavid wrote:

The drag and drop candidate sizing functionality once present, is now seemingly gone on my version(?)

Maybe you have inadvertently reverted to an older version?

When you enter the track configuration you can either drag the border of the search window from the right panel or enter window sizes manually in pixels in the text boxes on the lower left panel.
(Both features were introduced simultaneously in version 0.8.22.)

mccanndavid wrote:

I am wondering when the magnified window would be used/useful? I thought it would be for selecting points, but I can't select within the window and thus need to switch to direct zoom every time.

The magnified window is more to have a "picture in picture" type of effect, for presentation purposes.