This is an idea at incubation stage for longer term perspective, input welcome big_smile

The concept would be to be able to attach playback commands to key images. For example, you would attach a "Pause for 3 seconds" command to a particular key image. During playback, the video would pause 3 seconds and then resume.

Here are some ideas for these actions or commands (better name welcome):
- Pause playback for a given duration then resume.
- Pause playback and reveal drawings one by one like that effect in PowerPoint. (Hmmm, actually hard to do since there is no visible notion of order in the drawings…).
- Switch to a different slow motion value until next key image.
- Jump to next key image. This would allow to define non-interesting zones and skip them during playback.
- Jump to previous key image. Loop like this for a given number of time, then resume forward.
- Jump to an arbitrary key image or time position.
- (future) If we have animated drawings, pause playback, animate the drawing, resume playback.
- (future) If we have audio comments, pause playback, play audio, resume playback.

Can you think of any other? What would you use it for?
Some of these might be honorable during saving video, which would be neat.

This is my first intervention here on the forum since I discovered Kinovea earlier this week. I must say I just love it so far. Still learning many things about Kinovea, so bear with me on this wink

As of right now, is Kinovea not able to "record the whole session"? By that, I mean that we can only add drawing to the video. But if while you analyze a video, you play it reverse to see the movement backward, this won't be "recorded" into the final video, right?

So if someone record himself swinging a golf club, and you set your working zone for a 15 sec zone, the way Kinovea works right now will output a 15 sec video, not a 1 min video if your analysis last 1 min, including replay and all, I'm I right?

Using Kinovea for billiard analysis

Welcome smile

Yes, you're correct. You can only save the piece of video that you created, not the process of creation itself.
That would be an interesting one though, but you can also do that with a screen grabbing application like camstudio.

I am not quite sure if this idea fits in here, but I would very much like to "time stamp" and save images from a streaming video.
Example: I am streaming a finish line of a crosscountry race. When competitors cross the line, I click and save an image with a running clock timestamp. All the timestamps are recorded in a file and can be opened later with Excel/OpenOffice etc. to match with corresponding images.
In this way I have a backup and documentation of the runners.

Indeed this thread is initially about instrumenting playback with actions. I moved your message here.