Hi,

As with version 0.8.25, the software no longer recognises the PSeye cam. I believe someone posted in 0.8.25 this was only true of the 64-bit version. I have not tried using the 32-bit version to see if this works in either 0.8.25 or 0.8.26.

I checked the PSEye cam using the CL-Eye test software that the drivers are still working, so I assume its an issue with kinovea.

Regards
Dan

Hi,

If it's indeed a 64bit/32bit issue, it's possible that the CL-Eye test software is itself 32 bit, and that would be the reason it works with the driver. If you go to the Task manager, in the Details tab, show the "Platform" column, it will tell if the application is 32 bit.

3 (edited by Robbins 2018-02-07 16:53:32)

Hi Joan,

I don't think this is the root cause as the cameras worked fine with 0.8.24 on a 64 bit machine. I just looked at the task manager and there is no 'details' tab. The only options I have are: applications, processes, services, performance, networking and users.

I found the software in the processes tab and searched its properties, there is a details tab, but there is no information about 32 vs 64 bit listed.

Regards
Dan

Oh you are on Windows 7, in that case the program name in the process tab should have a *32 at the end if it's 32 bit.

It could still be this because Kinovea 0.8.24 was only released as a 32 bit app. It's only from 0.8.25 and forward that there is an x64 build. So it would be very consistent with this being the origin of the issue.

Hi joan,

There is no *32 at the end.

I also went to the driver website, https://codelaboratories.com/products/eye/driver/ which indicates there is 32/64 bit support.

Do you still think this is the issue?

Regards
Dan

Thanks for looking it up. OK, I'll get the latest driver and dig up the camera if I can find it and try to see what's going on.

I reviewed this and I still think it's a 32bit/64bit issue.

It looks like they never released 64bit version of their drivers, so it only works when called from a 32 bit application.

The CL-EyeTest.exe application is 32bit.

They mention it supports x86 and x64 but that's because you can always run a 32bit application on an 64bit system so technically it "supports" it.

Users of other softwares like OBS or Chrome have reported the same problem. Only works with the 32bit variant of the host application.