Hi guys,

has anybody some experiance with connecting an actioncam with kinovea and use the capture screen? I ordered some actioncams, but none of them worked with the capture screen - the screen was either black or nothing happend. Do I need a capture card or are there do I have to change something in the software?

Thank you all for your help smile

As far as I'm aware the only way is to send the AV or HDMI out of the camera through a capture box or card on the PC. I don't have a lot of experience with that setup so maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

I work often with direct recording onto a laptop/tablet/pc with video-camera's and action cams.
An action cam has only a HDMI output, which can not be recorded automatically on a laptop/PC. It requires a capturebox.

I haved used different types:
Avermedia Extreme Cap U3
Elgato HD60

Prefer the Avermedia capturebox.

Depending on the action cam you can disable the on screen information when using the HDMI output, otherwise it gets recorded with the video footage.

prs6208 wrote:

I work often with direct recording onto a laptop/tablet/pc with video-camera's and action cams.
An action cam has only a HDMI output, which can not be recorded automatically on a laptop/PC. It requires a capturebox.

I haved used different types:
Avermedia Extreme Cap U3
Elgato HD60

Prefer the Avermedia capturebox.

Depending on the action cam you can disable the on screen information when using the HDMI output, otherwise it gets recorded with the video footage.

Hi! Hi, I use the Yi Action 4k camera. I need to make a recording at 720p / 120fps.

What capture box would you recommend?

thks

Hello,

I would like to record footage from a go pro hero 4 silver which is connected to kinovea (version 0.9.3) through a HDMI cable and a video capture card. The video capture card is the following https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HDMI-to-USB … ctupt=true

Unfortunately I am not able to capture any footage using kinovea. I have tried the same set up for skype and I was able to use my go pro to make a video call. Is there anything that I can do to make this set up work with kinovea? If not what set up do you suggest? I am trying to reduce costs.

Thank you

Regards

Thank you