Hi everyone,

Has anyone tested this camera in Kinovea?
It is supposed to do 4096x2160 @ 30 fps, 1920x1080 @ 60 fps and 1280x720 @ 90 fps.
Does it work at all in Kinovea? Is it streaming in MJPEG?

I was just messing around on a friend's BRIO and it shows up in the stable version with an option to do 640x480 @ 120 fps. however, we could only get it up to 30fps after dropping the exposure level.

in the experimental version we were able to get up to 120 fps but when we tried recording, it would only record at 30 fps. is there a setting in the experimental version to make the recording 120 fps instead of only 30?

brio

Thanks for testing!

The recording should happen at 120 fps in the sense that all the 120 frames are put into the file per second, however the final video file is marked as 30 fps for replayability purpose. So the final file should look slowed down four times if you play it at 1x speed. This is triggered for any camera feed above 100fps.

There is no setting to change this at the moment. Although you could force it back to 120fps upon reopening by going to Video > Configure video timing > Video framerate.

4 (edited by purk_7 2018-07-03 10:31:54)

I also bought a Brio for use with Kinovea.
My problem is that my system is too old. I upgraded it with a ASMedia USB 3 expension, but that doesn;t work.
Now it is connected by USB 2 , but i cannot get FPS higer then 30 fps to work.

So now i am thinking about upgrading the system to something with native USB 3 support, so the Brio will deliver the best.

But i also am thinking of trying an Elgato capture card and use a videocamera HDMI output.

Edit: I use the system for threadmill gait analysis.

joan wrote:

Thanks for testing!

The recording should happen at 120 fps in the sense that all the 120 frames are put into the file per second, however the final video file is marked as 30 fps for replayability purpose. So the final file should look slowed down four times if you play it at 1x speed. This is triggered for any camera feed above 100fps.

There is no setting to change this at the moment. Although you could force it back to 120fps upon reopening by going to Video > Configure video timing > Video framerate.

the brio is working great. the recording was four times slow as you said.

thanks for putting the live delay back in for us.

Hi,

@purk_7 stated in another thread that the camera settings were reset after every reboot. Does anyone else have the same issue?

This is not expected. The settings should be saved on Kinovea side and re-injected in the camera when reconnecting, but there might be something special with this model and the settings can't be pushed back.

I am sorry to maybe have misinformed you all.
I am referring to the Logitech bundled software settings app. The one where you can choose angle of view, backlight and so.

Not did i mean that Kinovea resets the settings.

Thanks for the follow up. No problem smile

Update: I build the computer this weekend. At first FPS wasn't much better, but i remembered to have read somewhere that all the automatic functions in the camera take FPS off. So i set all options to manual and now i have 1080p60 footage.

One problem i still have is that is not possible to extend the cable of the Logitech.
Even though it is a separate, normal USB 3 / USB C cable extending it with a meter or replacing it with a 3 meter version breaks the USB 3 connection and leaves 30fps instead of 60.

Interesting. It might be due to the amount of current the camera is pulling and the extension cables aren't up to spec?   
Some people use Ethernet-to-USB adapters to extend USB over long distances. Maybe an avenue to consider…

Could be, the extension was of Aliexpress and cheap.
The 3 meter replacement was not cheap, and at least as thick as the original cable. It feels a bit overkill to use ethernet to extend one meter. Now the computer stands in a less optimal place.

Update, to show how the results are you can view a sample here:
https://intersportluising-my.sharepoint … g?e=H4negm

hi joan. it appears that recording with two brio's at 120fps crashes the experimental version of kinovea. if the brios are dropped down to 90fps it is more stable but will still crash occasionally.

Could you send me the crash log (Unhandled Crash ***.txt ) and the log files from right after the crash?

Does it still crash if you set the following: Preferences > Capture > General > Display synchronization, set to Forced framerate and value to 25 or 30.