Hi all,

When version 0.8.7 was released, I had plans to create a few help/example videos, to show the usage of some of the key features.
Two weeks have passed, and quite frankly, with the new (and great wink) features in the works, my motivation to do it is rapidly vanishing.

However, I realize it is still important to have this kind of videos. Both for new users to get quick feel of the program and as convenient help material.
So… It would be fantastic if you guys could do it big_smile

The idea is to focus on one feature or group of feature, and record yourself using it. The duration should be somewhere between 45 seconds and 3 minutes.

Method:
- You can use whatever screencasting software you want. (I generally use CamStudio to record the program window reduced and save to .avi).
- You may have to record yourself a few times to get it right…
- We can add some text labels afterward to explain what is hapening on screen if needed.
- You can also use a completely different approach, audio comments or anything. It's your call. As you have guessed, I'm no expert in screencasting tongue

Topic:
- Choose something you feel confident with or have already used a few times.
- Here are the 4 most popular topics on the online helps, sorted by view counts (It'd be nice to have these covered)
1. Tracking objects, 2. Comparing, 3. Drawings & Key images, 4. Grids.

Scenario:
- It is best to first write down a few key points you want to address during the video.
- If you don't know where to start, check the user guide pages about the topic you are going to cover.

Output:
- I may upload it on Kinovea blip.tv account and post on the blog.
- You would agree to use a Creative Commons CC-BY or CC-BY-SA license for your video. (Also, please try to use videos from your personal collection.)

If you want to do one, please state so as an answer to this thread.

Thanks!