This is an experimental version : it needs your feedback to improve itself.
Please consider this version as a Release Candidate.

The installer is available here: link removed. Please check version 0.8.7.

1. Tracking
- The algorithm was improved again, results should be more robust. (fix for the "template update" problem, when the tracker was slowly changing target over time.)
- The underlying code for the matching is now delegated to OpenCV, which provides a great speed bump !
- The search window is now proportional to the image size.

As always, please detail your failing tracking scenarios.

2. User manual
- A candidate version for the updated manual is embedded in this version, (Hit F1 or Help > Kinovea Help…).
- Please help in proofreading it:
If you find typos, grammar issues, missing bits, obscure paragraphs, etc. you can report it here, or better yet : fix them. Just go to this wiki page and edit the corresponding topic.

-
Aside of that, the following bugs were fixed : m175, m176, m177, m178, m179.

Mandatory snapshot : the Snooker tracking test sequence. It used to fail miserably, now both balls are tracked all the way big_smile.

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/tracking.jpg

Hi Joan,
I see many strings that are not translated using the Spanish localisation and I remember having a 100% mark in the translation template wink. Can you check this out? If you added some new strings just let me know and I will update it.
Cheers

Forget my previous message, I was using the wrong version smile

Hi,
I do have added a few strings though (about 10 I think, the speed units in the preferences dialog for example).
I'll freeze the file and send mails as soon as possible.

5 (edited by ylatuya 2010-04-14 21:09:30)

Hi Joan,
I'm actually trying the new version and there is behavior that is a little bit confusing:
1) Open a valid video
2) Open an invalid video (the players now draws a black frame)
3) Click on "save video"

This process shows a dialog to select the output file and then an error asking to try with another format.
Instead, clicking on "save video" with no file loaded should warn instead of letting continue with the process.

Another usability issue is that it's impossible to cancel an ongoing rendering. If I reallize the above process with a valid file and saves the video whithout limiting the working boundaries it will try to encode the whole file whithout letting you cancel the process. I would have to wait for the whole file beeing encoded (which might be more than 20 minutes) or kill the program.

Thanks
Yes, being able to cancel long operations is a must !

Just tried out V0.8.6 last night tracking kettlebell swings and it is very cool.

I noticed one thing I thought I would share.

I will save my preferences to m/s and close the file, but when I reopen the file, it shows px/f on the video screen.  I will check the pref settings and it says it is still m/s.  Once I hit the "save" button, it turns the screen to m/s.  Just seemed a little strange to have to reapply my saved output settings.  I hope this helps.

One more calculation I would like to see is acceleration data too. 

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Drew Billing

Hi,
Thank you for the report!
I was able to reproduce the issue and find the problem. I just pushed the correction to the code repository.
(opened and closed bug m187)