Doesn't help Max but been trying to break the Working Zone and all fine here for info/feedback. Dialog/progress bar runs as before and I can't make it do anything apart from work smile

Hi,

i noticed that the drawing persistence & camera setting is not stored when kinovea is closed an launched again.

Cheers, Sven

Thanks.
I reproduce the issue for persistence. The code was commented out at some point when the format changed. Some refactoring is needed.

Which camera setting is buggy ? I can't reproduce.

Hi Joan, i discovered that the setting is not stored when google talk is installed because the "google camera adapter 1/2" is always selected as default. With uninstalling google talk my logitech webcam is always selected as default camera. I dont know if this affects multiple camera settings. Cheers, Sven

The last selected camera is not stored anywhere. The camera selected by default is the first camera coming up in the list that DirectShow returns. I'm not sure how this list is sorted.
This is something that might be done in the future. (But I'm still not clear whether a camera can be uniquely identified by its moniker string alone. (cf. two cameras of the same brand/model)).

Hi Joan, after several hours of Snooker cue action analysis i have some more suggestions:

- The thickness of the line drawing tool has changed. The thinnest size is now about 10 px. It would be nice if it would only be 1 px. Also it should not increase the size if the video is zoomed. Another nice feature would be to have the "shift" functionality from other programs which limits the angle of the line to 45/90 degrees to get horizontal or vertical lines. The thickness issue also affects the other drawing tools like circle or pencil. Also for me it would be better if the thumbnail bar would not open automatically when a drawing tool is used for the first time.

- When the video is playing i cant click in the timeline bar to skip to another point. The video is stopping. With double click the video skips to the position but is in pause mode. For me it would be better if the video would continue playing from the point i clicked the timeline.

- For me it would be nice to have a simple thin cross over the whole capture image as observational reference. This would be nice to set up the camera an i don't have to load my custom image.

- It would be nice to be able to switch between recording and playback screen while being in full screen mode. Ideally with icons and shortcuts (F7/F8).

- If a video/capure is opened it should be full screen by default.

- A nice feature would be a "jog dial bar". Similar to the speed bar it could play the video forward and backward with variable speed. Slow if you just pull it a bit and faster if pulled more.

- Shortcuts for record start/stop would be nice.

- Clickable area of the speed bar is very small. It could be increased to about 20 px to improve clickability.

That's it for now, i will come back if i missed something.

Cheers,
Sven

sven wrote:

- The thickness of the line drawing tool has changed. The thinnest size is now about 10 px. It would be nice if it would only be 1 px. Also it should not increase the size if the video is zoomed.

Yes, it seemed more natural that the line width increase when zoomed in…

sven wrote:

Another nice feature would be to have the "shift" functionality from other programs which limits the angle of the line to 45/90 degrees to get horizontal or vertical lines.

On the todo list. Hopefully for next version or the one after, as the focus will be on drawing tools anyway.

sven wrote:

Also for me it would be better if the thumbnail bar would not open automatically when a drawing tool is used for the first time.

Hmm. You can always fold it back down manually, I don't see any other way to do it. If the bar doesn't open automatically, the user won't know it's there.

sven wrote:

- For me it would be nice to have a simple thin cross over the whole capture image as observational reference. This would be nice to set up the camera an i don't have to load my custom image.

A visual aid that would be loaded automatically each time you launch the camera… That sounds like a job for the "auto load kva" feature, check this thread. Post more questions there if it doesn't work as planned.

sven wrote:

- A nice feature would be a "jog dial bar". Similar to the speed bar it could play the video forward and backward with variable speed. Slow if you just pull it a bit and faster if pulled more.

I'll have to watch videos of this to better understand the user interaction.

sven wrote:

- Shortcuts for record start/stop would be nice.

CTRL+Return or CTRL+Space.

Thanks for the feedback.

23 (edited by sven 2012-04-07 21:39:02)

joan wrote:
sven wrote:

- The thickness of the line drawing tool has changed. The thinnest size is now about 10 px. It would be nice if it would only be 1 px. Also it should not increase the size if the video is zoomed.

Yes, it seemed more natural that the line width increase when zoomed in…

Ok, but why is the lowest thickness setting 10px? It would be very nice to have a very fine line as this would not cover too much of the action. Another idea would be transparency for the drawings.

joan wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the software!

24 (edited by joan 2012-04-07 22:27:29)

sven wrote:

Ok, but why is the lowest thickness setting 10px?

It's not, the small size is 2 pixels wide… But it gets scaled with the video. Are you sure you are not stretching a small video ?

edit: I'll add the 1px option back in the option list. I'm not sure why it's not there…

joan wrote:
sven wrote:

Ok, but why is the lowest thickness setting 10px?

It's not, the small size is 2 pixels wide… But it gets scaled with the video. Are you sure you are not stretching a small video ?

edit: I'll add the 1px option back in the option list. I'm not sure why it's not there…

Ok, i have discovered that i am zooming the video. But even if you are right that it is more natural to have the drawings zoomed with the video i think it would be far better to have the fine lines available with fullscreen video. I guess most people work with maximum video size to get the most of their screens, and than haven't the thin line setting available. In Snooker coaching analysis the tick line covers most of the cue so that the fine movements cant be seen.

A possible approach could be that the thickness of the line is defined at the point it is drawn and than changes size with the zoom state. This would cover all aspects.

Hi all,

I have some questions and suggestions...

1. Question.: I'm using GPS logger. And i would like to put the "speed" datas and the video together. So i want to see the video and actual speed in the same time. I'm using kinovea for skiing. Anyone any idea, how could i do that? If its not possible with Kinovea than some other program?

2. For skiing the "working zone" (30sec) is not always enough sad It is possible to make it longer in the next version?

Thanks for your help:
M

marchello wrote:

1. Question.: I'm using GPS logger. And i would like to put the "speed" datas and the video together. So i want to see the video and actual speed in the same time. I'm using kinovea for skiing. Anyone any idea, how could i do that? If its not possible with Kinovea than some other program?

Sorry for being so late to reply.
Do you (or someone else interested in this) have a sample file of the data output by the GPS logger ?
I can't promise anything but the ability to import data logs to overlay and synchronize them on the video is a recurring request.

Actually even better would be if someone could study the various formats existing, if there is a de facto standard, if there is utilities to convert between them, if there is a generic format for data logs outside of GPS theme, etc.