You mean the version of .NET on Windows server 2016? Kinovea uses .NET 4.8, you do need to install it manually I think on this OS but if that was the problem I think it wouldn't run at all. The part causing the problem (ExpTreeLib) has all kinds of low level calls into the very old Windows API, that's why I think it's more likely the culprit.
452 2022-08-24 10:43:51
Re: Crash (3 replies, posted in Bug reports)
Thank you.
Ouch, this is going to be tough to fix, it's happening in a very old library related to the file system for the built-in file explorer, I imagine Windows server 2016 broke some the API it was using.
I've been meaning to re-write this whole part of the application in a more modern way…
453 2022-07-28 00:47:54
Re: Stopwatch 9.5 (2 replies, posted in Ideas and feature requests)
Hi,
There are two different time tools, the Stopwatch (Cronómetro) and the Clock (Reloj). The clock object only shows a relative time and doesn't have start/stop commands. Somehow you are using a clock object.
If you right click on the tool in the tool bar you should see both objects.
It's also possible to convert one to the other by going into right click > Configuration and checking or unchecking "Clock".
Lastly, if it always act as a clock even when you select the stopwatch tool, double check the default options by going into the "Color profile" (last button on the toolbar or right click with the tool active), find the stopwatch and make sure it has the "Clock" option unchecked.
454 2022-07-28 00:42:54
Re: subtitle positioning on the screen (1 replies, posted in Bug reports)
Hi,
This syntax is not currently supported. I'll have to look into it.
455 2022-07-28 00:39:39
Re: tracking (1 replies, posted in General)
Hi,
I did not quite understand what you meant.
In any cases all options are under right click. To improve tracking you might need to reduce the default search and object box sizes in the preferences.
456 2022-07-28 00:35:10
Re: Generic USB webcam - black screen (4 replies, posted in Cameras and hardware)
None of the cameras work or just one at a time? What options do you see in the camera configuration dialog under "Stream format"?
457 2022-07-22 23:33:50
Re: Connecting Sony a6100 to kinovea for live feedback. (2 replies, posted in Cameras and hardware)
Hi, does it have a webcam mode or an HDMI output?
458 2022-04-11 20:58:48
Re: Where can I get this item? (2 replies, posted in General)
Something like posture grid, postural assessment chart or postural analysis grid chart.
459 2022-04-02 16:09:51
Re: 0.9.5 working with OBS Studio? (3 replies, posted in General)
Hi,
It's not supported at the moment. It's crashing the program for some reason so it's explicitly detected and removed from the list until I figure out where the problem is coming from.
460 2022-03-24 11:59:28
Re: Golf recording (1 replies, posted in General)
Yes it is possible, look into Replay folder observers: https://www.kinovea.org/help/en/capture/replay.html
461 2022-03-18 18:26:22
Re: Saving two video into a composite video result in a distorted video (11 replies, posted in Bug reports)
Yep, I can reproduce the bug, thanks.
edit:
Should be fixed in the next version.
462 2022-03-09 14:57:11
Re: Kinovea para windows 11. (3 replies, posted in Español)
Hola,
Windows 11: No he probado personalmente pero debería funcionar. De que versión de Kinovea estamos hablando? La version 0.9.5 necesita el .NET Framework 4.8, lo cual debería ser instalado por defecto en Windows 11. Pero la versión 0.8.15 utiliza el .NET Framework 3.5 que no está instalado por defecto en las versiones recientes de Windows.
Quizá el problema es especifico a Parallels.
Edit: Ah ok, es porque es un procesador ARM.
463 2022-03-02 17:15:59
Re: Audio triggerd capture - more options and settings (7 replies, posted in Ideas and feature requests)
For me not. As suggested, I would look for that switch between video-recording and save image in the capture\automation tab. Because it just selects what action should happen when the trigger is met.
Yes, I meant the same. I just wanted to say that it won't be a live switch directly in the screen UI (like the arm/disarm button for example), but it will be away in the preferences.
It shall look like this:

I made it into a list as there might be other actions we could trigger through this mechanism.
464 2022-03-01 10:59:56
Re: Help - re-installation for a dummy...(me) (14 replies, posted in Cameras and hardware)
You can disable compression of captured videos under Preferences > Capture > General > Record uncompressed video. Note that the compression uses pretty aggressive bitrate settings so the image quality difference is not normally perceptible, but the files are 5 to 10 times smaller. Each image is compressed separately. On a side note it can be interesting to disable compression for performance reasons, because the bottleneck during recording is often the compression step.
465 2022-02-27 13:56:51
Re: Help - re-installation for a dummy...(me) (14 replies, posted in Cameras and hardware)
Yes the delay should be saved in the screen descriptor in the workspace. So with the capture screen open: Options > Workspace > Save as default workspace. Then when you re-open Kinovea it should re-create the capture screen, load the camera and set the delay.
