hi everyone

just installed kinovea to help analyse my archery form and am pretty impressed to say the least

a couple of questions / feature requests straight away though - sorry !

1 - the magnifier is very useful for the sort of work i want to use kinovea for but as far as i can tell you cant render the magnifier into an exported video - is this correct ? - if you can do this then how do you do it ? - if you cant do this is it likely to make it into a future version ?

2 - the text persistence feature is useful for exported videos but would it be possible to add the ability to trigger the appearance of a 'persisting' text label actually on a specific key frame rather than having it fade in and out either side of the key frame like it does now ? (if its already possible to do this and ive missed it then how do you do it ? )

3 - total feature request - any chance a future version might include the ability to synchronise and compare two or more video clips overlaid on each other with transparency rather than side by side ? (this would be HUGELY useful for repetitive technique sports like archery)

other than these i REALLY like kinovea so far - nice work !

slainte cool rob

Hi,

colournoise wrote:

1 - the magnifier is very useful for the sort of work i want to use kinovea for but as far as i can tell you cant render the magnifier into an exported video - is this correct ? - if you can do this then how do you do it ? - if you cant do this is it likely to make it into a future version ?

Yes, I confirm the magnifier does not get exported.
I don't remember why, but it is a defect. I'll have to recheck that.

colournoise wrote:

2 - the text persistence feature is useful for exported videos but would it be possible to add the ability to trigger the appearance of a 'persisting' text label actually on a specific key frame rather than having it fade in and out either side of the key frame like it does now ? (if its already possible to do this and ive missed it then how do you do it ? )

Hmm, there are a number of things that may enhance the drawing appearance, but each of them mandates a configuration option and in the end it makes the usage a bit more complex each time.

I'll leave it like that for the moment, and add this to the suggestion list. If others want to add their voice to this request please say so and we will try to find a tradeoff.

For the time being, maybe you could use a StopWatch with a label ?
It will only start to be visible on the very frame you add it, and will stays visible until you set a "hide" frame. If you right-click > Configuration, you can set a custom text to be displayed above the time value.

colournoise wrote:

3 - total feature request - any chance a future version might include the ability to synchronise and compare two or more video clips overlaid on each other with transparency rather than side by side ? (this would be HUGELY useful for repetitive technique sports like archery)

Definitely. And it's not the first time that this request is made (which is not wrong, It's a way to tell that it's important).

I have addressed this in the coming version, it will go both ways (each video merges with the other, you can still move them independantly).

I hope to be able to release this tonight or in the next few days if I can get around a seemingly unrelated bug during synchronisation.

thanks for the quick reply

the chrono workaround is OK and something id been playing with anyway

video overlay sounds great - looking forward to the new release

slainte cool rob