I have tried to manually connect iphone 14 pro however the connection test fails. The host IP address comes in automatically as "192.168.0.10" however there is no port address entered, and I do not know how to find it. The laptop camera works fine. Help appreciated.

You need an application that will create an MJPEG server out of the phone camera, and it is this application that should tell you the server IP and port.

3 (edited by phume 2023-03-21 03:43:26)

By application do you mean the Daheng which I tried and was not successful in getting to work. Following the Kinovea instructions about Daheng did not help as the log did not find the folder that it said would be there.  Is there any YouTube video of how to do this please? It must be a common request for people wanting to set up iphones to be the camera.

No I mean an App you download from the app store and install on the phone. Sorry I don't use an iPhone I don't really know which app is best or even if there is a free one. You need to specifically look for an MJPEG streaming server app. It will broadcast the camera to the local network, then you can connect to this server from a browser on the same network or from Kinovea.

Essentially the first step is to turn your smartphone into a network camera. On Android I use the app "IP Webcam" by by Pavel Khlebovich. To be honest I don't know if there an equivalent for iPhone, hopefully someone will come along and let us know.

Io uso Iriun wecam pro su iPhone ed ipad. Si installa sul telefono e su Mac per registrare. Registri anche da kinovea, anche io installata su partizione Windows