Completely new to this software and completely new to analyzing biomechanics. I saw this video from Let's Teach Science https://youtu.be/V9Dsq1SRVfo, and I left a comment asking about where he bought his markers but he hasn't responded. What markers for a beginner like me do you recommend I buy? I'm a physical education teacher and I want to add some science and math into my weight training class by measuring a student's max vertical jump and the speed of their max vertical jump. From what I see in the video to get these two results, I can place one marker at the hip of a student, and then have Kinovea track it. Do I need the real markers or can I just use a wide piece of white tape for reliable results? All advice would be welcome. Thank you.

just get those orange/green round sticker from stationary shop. it works great as long as u have decent lighting and dark cloth.

Yes the markers should be as light as possible so they don't "swim" around when the person moves. Simple stickers should work fine. (I have even seen people use body paint style markers on exposed skin).
They should be circular.

ziaf89 wrote:

just get those orange/green round sticker from stationary shop. it works great as long as u have decent lighting and dark cloth.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

joan wrote:

Yes the markers should be as light as possible so they don't "swim" around when the person moves. Simple stickers should work fine. (I have even seen people use body paint style markers on exposed skin).
They should be circular.

Thank you for your reply. I ended up cutting white paper circles and taped it to my shorts and it worked.