The access to this menu is under evaluation… Image > Edges Only…
(you must be under analysis mode, i.e. frames extracted to memory, to be able to try it).

I have a feeling that nobody is actually using it, is it justified ?
Removing it would slightly simplify the Image menu (anticipating on the addition of some other menus that'll come later on).

So if you ever used it or think it'll be useful at some point, have your say now ! Otherwise, we'll just say good bye to it.
(The initial idea of this function was to better see the motion taking place but it's not very convincing…)

Looks funny. Not using it, though... wink

Someone has expressed interest in this function by mail.
The idea is still to minimize the number of menus to simplify the interface, so before reinstating this more feedback will be needed.
(Ah, if someone wants to implement a plug-in system for these video filters it would solve the problem smile)

For those new to Kinovea or that never tried it before and can't now since the menu has disappeared, here is a snapshot:

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/edgesonly.jpg
Right: Normal video, Left: Through "Edges Only" menu.

I've never used it too.
Giobia

Actually. Now when there is the possibility (8.9) to use *.svg drawings on top of the videofootage you could actually use the "edge"-function to create vectorized pictures from older sequences to be used on top of your new videos?

Hello,

Whatever I try I can't find this feature, and I really would like to see this on a golf swing.
I'm using 0.8.9

You say go the analyse part of the software,... well I don't even find that smile

I hope this edge only feature is still there .

Thx

Daww

It was removed some time ago…
Generally the silouhete is not as clear cut as in the snapshot above, because there is all kind of lines in the background.

Here is a video of the effect applied to a golf video.
It is funny to watch, but if the goal is to focus on the motion of the athlete/student, I think we should try to think about something more useful/powerful, like removing the background and things like this.