Is it possible to rotate the view of the video in kinovea - I know that is not possible in the version 0.8.5. - but maybe soon - klick the link below and you can see what I mean

Thank you

http://www2.setup.co.at:8081/kinovea-view.zip

Hi,
It is on the suggestion list smile
One other request was to be able to rotate by 90°. Technically I think it will be the same complexity to code the rotation by arbitrary angle like you suggest or by fixed 90° steps.

The end result might be of slightly less quality than the original because for arbitrary angle we will need to interpolate the pixel values.
For the user interface, I was thinking of a new dialog box where you can change the angle with a slider and validate. (Other ideas welcome)
Bug m181 will also need to be fixed during the implementation of this function.

This will not be part of the next official release, maybe in the one after, depending on other prioritized stuff.

Hi Joan!

What do you think, how long does ist take to produce the rotation (degree by degree) of the view of the files?

Hi,
Unfortunately I cannot answer that… I don't know how long it will take and I don't know when work on it will start.

What I know is that there are two ways to go about it:
- as a working zone filter, in that case it will be applied on the working zone when in Analysis Mode, similarly to Auto-contrast or Sharpen filters.
- as an painting time filter, in which case it would be applied on the image individually in real time.

The first option is much simpler from a coding point of view, but it will limit the functionnality to analysis mode, meaning only when the working zone can fit entirely in RAM when decompressed.
The second option is preferrable, but it involves a complete refactoring of the coordinate system, to get the drawings position, magnifier, zoom & pan to keep working, and keep their position relatively to the image when we apply the rotation.

I think like for the Mirror function, it will start as option 1 and then be moved to the option 2 later.
I'll try to see if we could have a third option that works like the second one here, but that doesn't try to keep the drawings at their proper location relatively to the original image.

o.k. - thank you - but please inform me, when it works - I hope as soon as possible wink

Hi,
I would like to start my first message saying that Kinovea is a very nice application software.
Congratulations to the programmers, the administrators and all the users.
Questions:
While the rotating feature is not available, how can I rotate a video to analize it?
Tks

Hello,
You can convert the file beforehand in VirtualDub.
Once the video is loaded, you go to Video > Filters, button "Add…", then select "rotate" or "rotate2" and click OK.
To save back the video, you can select a codec in Video > Compression… and then save with File > Save as Avi…

Hello again,
I tried virtualdub but unfortunately it did't work with .mov files.
I dowloaded all the suggested plugins without luck.
I tried Quicktime too for rotating the .mov files.
It works but Kinovea doesn't "see" the applied rotation.
Ideas are welcome. Thanks