Just noticed this feature on the software. I do alot of video work with "ball" sports and was wondering what the coordinate system might be used for by others.

Thanks! smile

In the french section of the forum, someone seems to be using it a lot in Tennis.
I'm not sure exactly how though.

The coordinate system menu and dialog is currently only used to set the right coordinates of points when exporting to spreadsheet formats or text.

There is also a subproject to add a more convenient measuring interface.
It is described in the coordinate axis wiki page.
(Will be started when/if sufficient interest is expressed)

If i'm not wrong, the coordinate system is used to determine trajectory positions.

As there is the function to mak a position (with the cross marker), it would be useful to know and export the coordinates of that specific point. As done in line, right click on position to "show the coordinates" value. This implement allows to compare positions, to calculate center of mass with an associated table, inclinations of segments with respect to a plane...

Hello,
Yes the ability to display the coordinates for a specifc cross marker would be nice. I'll add it to the suggestion list or maybe implement it if I can do so quickly.

Regarding export to spreadsheet, I'm not sure what would be the best way to display these data…

Currently we just group objects by type and list their various values over time. When there are several object of the same type on the same image, we can't differenciate them. (for Tracks and Stopwatches, there is a title to help, but for lines, angles and soon single points, there is nothing).
If you have many points on the same image, I don't know you will be able to set them appart for further calculations…

If anyone is interested, at this moment I reach coordinates values by means of a trajectory of a single point (cross marker to a point and initiate and finish trajectory over this point). In the spreadsheet the value appears in the 00:00:00 time every time. Then I have to be sure of the order I've digitized points.

Using your single-frame-trajectory trick, you could define a "label" to identify them. (right click the track > configuration > label).

Displaying coordinates on single cross markers will definitely be in the next version. Thanks for the suggestion smile
(Added to the spreadsheet exporters too)

Thanks for the idea of labeling. Its perfect