Hi, I use the program for extensive video annotation, but I've found that the system crashes after every 60 or so comments. This means I have to constantly export my data and restart the program manually so that I don't lose information in the crash. As the number of comments increases, the load time after clicking New Comment increases, a sign that it will crash soon. A fix of this bug would make my work incredibly easier. Thank you and besides this bug, I really love the software.

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it as soon as possible.

3 (edited by joan 2010-06-16 18:26:41)

Hi,
I have programmatically created a file with 100 key images with 20 lines of comments each. Although it takes a few seconds to load, I couldn't make the application crash when manipulating the comments. There is probably some context I am missing to properly reproduce the issue.

What is the behavior ? does Kinovea become unresponsive and you have to kill it manually, does it crashes with an error dialog from Windows ?
In the latter case, can you try to get the applications logs and attach them to the bug tracker or send them by mail.

Thank you

edit: Oh, to be sure, you are talking about Key images comments, not text labels right ? (From the little comments window with the key image title).

Hi Joan,

Sorry about the miscommunication, I am talking about text labels--"New Comment" with the page icon. Kinovea crashes with an error dialog from Windows: "Kinovea has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Here is the error signature:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : kinovea.exe     P2 : 0.8.7.36575     P3 : 4be0732e
P4 : system.windows.forms     P5 : 2.0.0.0     P6 : 4889dee7     P7 : 16cf     
P8 : 159     P9 : system.componentmodel.win32

If possible please do the following :
1. Open Kinovea, then open the logs folder by menu Help > Open log folder…
2. Get to the point where you think the crash is imminent, save the .KVA file somewhere.
3. Provoque the crash.
4. Without restarting Kinovea, go to the logs folder you opened in 1. Copy the file "log.txt" and "Unhandled Crash - XXX.txt" somewhere else.
(you may have several Unhandled crash files, the most recent should be sufficient, you can delete the others).

Attach the .Kva and all log files to the bug issue, or send them by mail (joan at kinovea dot org).
Thanks.