I noticed a couple of things with the comment function.

If the video is running and I click the comment button I get an error. The stack trace is below. I'm not sure if I need to click the "Add a key image" button before I can add a comment but in that case perhaps the comment button and the other buttons should be disabled?

The other problem is that it seems like comments are not saved unless I change the title of the comments. If I just leave the default time comment, continue working and go back to that key image the comment is gone. Is this by design or a bug? If it is by design then perhaps some kind of check could be added that the title is correct?

Other than that it works great and I love it!

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Kinovea.ScreenManager.PlayerScreenUserInterface.btnShowComments_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2 (edited by joan 2010-10-24 14:06:17)

Hi,
Thanks for the reports.
Which version of Kinovea are you using ?

Gustav wrote:

The other problem is that it seems like comments are not saved unless I change the title of the comments.

This sounds a lot like bug 207 which should be corrected in version 0.8.9 and above.

I'll try to reproduce the crash.
Thanks

edit:
Reproduced the crash, added as bug 223

I used version 0.8.7 which is the version downloadable from the start page. Are the later versions stable?

Gustav wrote:

I used version 0.8.7 which is the version downloadable from the start page. Are the later versions stable?

Yes, I would consider them relatively stable. Most regressions have been fixed, and the other remaining bugs were either already there in 0.8.7 or are due to new functions.
Once the capture screen is fixed and polished, this should turn into a new official version.