Hello again and thank you for those improved import functions on 8.13 - and a new suggestion. Would it be possible to choose combined videos stacked on top of each other as well as besides? In some events the comparison and magnification works better in this setting?

Do you mean multiple videos superimposed on top of each other? I understand dual playback mode already allows two videos to be combined.

Or do you mean a video superimposed on the live feed?

I mean combined on top of each other, not side by side...?

Dual export, but created file has original videos placed top/bottom instead of left/right.

It is certainly possible technically, but where to place the setting ?
- In the general preferences : it would be hidden and few persons would ever know about it.
- In a dialog just before the file name dialog : it may disrupt the flow for persons always using the default option.
- Elsewhere ?

I would put it as a button shaped as side-by-side windows at the bottow with the common controls, next to the "save both images" and "composite videos". When you click it, the screen settings toggle between side/side and stacked?
Actually, with a function like this it is possible to combine four videos using two side-by-side... This can be used when there is a performance filmed from different angles...

Ah, sorry I misunderstood. You are referring to the workspace organisation of screens ?
Now that is another story smile
I guess it would be better to have the key images on the side with such a setting…

4-screen organisation is not currently part of the plan. I'm not convinced that anyone can actually watch 4 videos at the same time, and it would be super hard to manage while keeping some of the existing functionality like synchronization. Forcing 2-screens has made possible a number of shortcuts and simplifications and allowed focusing on doing more basic stuff better.

No, I mean´t the possibility to arrange the double view AND appearance of the saved dual video. You´re right on the 4-screen thing (performance A side+ performance A front  compared with performance B side+performance B front).
It doesn´t have to be a built-in feature, but it can be built manually for educational videos and such, if there is a way of combining and saving videos both side-by-side and on-top. Using the combined Kinovea-video as it is, it is easy to make 2-, 4-, 8-... videos, but they dissappear in size. The size of the single videos would not change in a setting of 1-2 down+3-4 top instead of 1-2-3-4 down...