1 (edited by joan 2011-05-23 12:19:13)

This is an experimental version : it needs your feedback to improve.
If everything goes well, this should be the last experimental iteration before the next stable release. Please report any crash as soon as possible.

The installer is available here: [s]Kinovea.Setup.0.8.14.exe[/s] Please check Kinovea 0.8.15

The main improvements come from the Capture screen.
- Support for network cameras (when capable of JPEG or MJPEG streaming).
- Access to the device property page for FireWire or USB cameras.
- Preference pages, including advanced naming schemes.
- And more.

Fixed bugs : 241, and other non numbered bugs.

Full changelog.

Capture preferences pages
http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/captureprefs-general.png
http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/captureprefs-naming.png
http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/devicenetworkconfig2.png

nice improvement! Joan, it's Nicko from China remember? I want to continue localization however I can't find the SVN resources. Plz pm me, thx a lot.

Sure. I'll send you a mail later today or tomorow.

cheers buddy~

5 (edited by jon 2011-04-03 15:09:28)

YAY...great work Joan! I think so many people have been anticipating this new release. Some of these improvements make Kinovea much more user friendly. big_smile

Despite the changes, I haven't been able to conncect my IP camera through the new "Network Camera" source yet. This is my mjpeg stream which works in firefox, but does not come up in Kinovea.

Does the stream need to end in ".jpeg" or ".cgi"?

This feature definately works with webcamXP, i just haven't been able to reproduce it in my IP cam yet.

Indeed, if it works in Firefox just with the URL, I would expect it to work…
What is the camera brand/model ? Maybe I can find similar camera streaming directly on Internet and try to connect to it.
Be sure to switch to MJPEG in the configuration window if it's the type of stream coming.

The camera is a Merit Lilin PIH-1000S. The company does provide some live streams for demonstration, but they appear non-operational at this stage.

I also downloaded a data sheet that gives an overview of the HTTP protocols. It seems like the address should be correct.

Thanks for the help.

I tried with this public camera : http://59.124.49.36:60013
(login:guest, password:guest, stream is MJPEG)

Apparently all their cameras need login/password (?)
In Firefox for example, in order to retrieve the raw images, (provided the login/pass was not saved previously or has been cleaned up), I had to use the following URL:
http://guest:guest@59.124.49.36:60013/getimage?camera=1&fmt=sif
Otherwise I get a 401 error.
(This will not work as is in Kinovea, the login/pass have to be specified differently, and currently it's not possible…)

joan wrote:

This will not work as is in Kinovea, the login/pass have to be specified differently, and currently it's not possible

Ah i see! Thanks for the tip.

I've found a solution by removing password protection on the IP camera. Yes, that is possible with my model (not sure about newer ones though) and Kinovea is able to detect my IP camera big_smile

Great smile
The ability to provide the [username:password] as inline information in the URL will be supported in the next version anyway tongue

Hello Joan

also in new feature , is it possible to incorporate a logo on the video , for example our own tennis logo ? thanks
Yves

Hi,
This should be covered by the observational reference feature.
Image > Observational Reference > Import image… Choose your logo, position it, adjust opacity, and you're set smile

Thank you Joan for an excellent program.

I seem to have made this version crash when changing between camera sources. I have a built-in webcam and a USB webcam.

Regards, John

JohnC wrote:

I seem to have made this version crash when changing between camera sources. I have a built-in webcam and a USB webcam.

Hi,
Please get the logs and send them by mail (joan at kinovea dot org) for further investigation:
Launch Kinovea, Open the log folder (via Help > Open log folder… for example), then induce the crash.
Do not reopen Kinovea until after you have copied the logs elsewhere (as they are rotating, they would be erased).
Get the log.txt and the most recent "Unhandled crash" log files.
Thanks !

15 (edited by SJ 2011-04-24 15:43:39)

Hi Joan,

Thanks for improvement and working on such a useful product.

I would like to request for a feature which would make recording of 2 webcam with 1 button. I am always using 2 cam to capture a movement in 2 different angle. but because i am not able to start the 2 webcam to record at the same time and therefore when i do editing i would need to resync the 2 videos. (which at time is not easy). So a simple solution is like the 2 screen playback which is able to start 2 videos together. i hope you would be able to just to have a record button in the 2 capture screen mode to activate the 2 recording of the camera together.

Thanks in advance!!!!

SJ