Hi Joan,

I’d just like to agree with SJ in the previous post that a single button to start recording both cameras simultaneously would be very useful.
Thanks,
John

Hello joan

is it possible to make Kinovea compatible with ANDROID to be abble to use it on E- Tablette ? this can be very good and give Kinovea a mobile use , what do you think?

I premise that it is from little that I am trying to use the software kinovea 0.8.15 for the volley in the various menus I have different choices in grey that is not selezionabili that list under: 
it exports on spreadsheet 
riesegui 
you reverse the positions of the video 
mostra/nascondi the common controls 
you level automatic 
I oppose automatic 
neatness 
panning 
to bashful 
I don't know how you/they can be trained, you can help me. thanks 
Superchi Giorgio

19 (edited by jon 2011-05-17 03:29:37)

yvesrpt wrote:

Kinovea compatible with ANDROID to be abble to use it on E- Tablette?

Hi yvesrpt, It's a good question you asked. Kinovea requires a substantial amount of CPU processing to perform its tasks (especially if you dual record). I doubt tablets at this stage would have enough processing power to achieve this.

At this stage your best option is to setup a PC running Kinovea and use your tablet to remotely control it through RDP. In effect, you would have Kinovea running on your tablet. Splashtop (for iOS) is probably the best program to achieve this because it has an adequate frame rate. I have yet to find a RDP for android that can perform this role. Your suggestions are welcome!

jon

jon wrote:
yvesrpt wrote:

Kinovea compatible with ANDROID to be abble to use it on E- Tablette?

Hi yvesrpt, It's a good question you asked. Kinovea requires a substantial amount of CPU processing to perform its tasks (especially if you dual record). I doubt tablets at this stage would have enough processing power to achieve this.

When I worked on Android (at work) it was all done in Java and we had a limit of 16MB (possibly 24MB depending on devices) per application.
Kinovea can only be ported to platform supporting .NET and with support for C# and C++/CLI languages (currently only .NET for Windows can do this, Mono cannot do C++/CLI).

The Linux / Mono port would have precedence over anything else anyway, but even that is pretty hard due to some dependencies on Windows (and the C++/CLI part).
Personally I am more inclined to work on improving the Windows version. There is a million things to keep me busy already.

I think there are efforts by others to develop video analysis applications on Android.

gsuperch wrote:

I premise that it is from little that I am trying to use the software kinovea 0.8.15 for the volley in the various menus I have different choices in grey that is not selezionabili that list under: 
it exports on spreadsheet 
riesegui 
(…)
I don't know how you/they can be trained, you can help me. thanks

- Export to spreadsheet will only be enabled when you have added drawings, stopwatches or trajectory to the video.
- Common controls and invert position will only be enabled when there are two player screens.
- Image adjustment menus and menus under Motion will only be enabled when you are in "analysis mode" (frames preextracted to memory). Check this page "Observing motion" (here for Italiano)