Thanks for a amazing program, works beautiful with Casio high speed! But, for some reason I have trouble with folders and files just wanishing after efter being procesed in in Kinovea a couple of times, is it mý computer or a possible bug????

Hi,

Can you expand a bit about what you mean by vanishing ?
Do they disappear from the explorer tree pane, the shortcut pane, the thumbnails pane, your hard drive ?

Thanks.

It has happened 3 times in the lasyt couple of days that the foldes and the contaning filmes are just gone from harddrive!. I have created folders and uploaded films from camera with Explorer and then working with the films in Kinovea.

Wow, this is very critical sad, but I really can't see any operation that would delete files or folders.
The only thing I can think of is when you rename a file from the thumbnail pane to a file name that already exist.

Hopefully we can work it out and find the cause of the defect.
First, if possible, I would like you to enable logging.
You do that by editing the file "LogConf.xml" in the program's folder and change the line "<level value="INFO"/>" to "<level value="DEBUG"/>".

You will then have a more verbose log file in the Application data folder on XP it is at: 
C:\Documents and Settings\[your windows user name here]\Application Data\Kinovea\log.txt
("Application Data" may be a hidden folder)

What system are you on ? (XP, Vista, 32 bits, 64 bits ?)

I have changed the LogConf.xml file. I'm on XP and have found the logfile, what to I do from here?

The problem doesn't occur when I save a folder starting with the letter A. Must be a Microsoft and not a Kinovea bug, sorry to bother you!

First, backup whatever is on your camera that is important. I don't know how the file disappear but you don't want to risk loosing them.
Then the goal will be to reproduce the problem in a controlled manner.

When you try to reproduce it, note every action you do, like renaming, playing, saving, etc.
When you have reproduced it, report the details of your actions and attach the log file. (it will also contain a list of actions and functions called.)
You can do that either by mail: joan at kinovea dot org. or directly on the issue tracker, where I have created an entry for the problem here: m138.

When I better understand what the scenario is, I will try to reproduce the issue on my machine.
Thanks.

Well, even if you have a workaround, I'm still interested in understanding what is happening.
So, if you have sometime, please consider trying a few scenarios to better see when it is happening and when it is not.
For something as critical as unexpected folder/files deletion, we must find what is responsible and report to them.