I found Kinovea (thru a thread in another golf forum) a month or so ago, downloaded and installed it right away. Thanks for the people (inorkuo, Reiner, Waheeden, and others) who shared their use cases and setup, I was up and running to record my golf swing in a matter of days. For others who appreciate this great tool and is able to provide support, I'd encourage you to do so to show appreciation of Joan/his team's effort in continuing to make Kinovea even better. He is doing this in his spare time  (outside his full time job), and the money will be used to acquire new cameras, upgrade development machine, code-signing cert, etc.

There are 3 levels of support $3 (Fan), $12 (Supporter), $100 (Sponsor) per release. It comes to about $6, $24, $200 per year (per the planned release cycle).

Out of almost 2,000 registered users on the forum, (excluding the drive-by users) there are over 200 users who posted more than 3 posts. The current support is $374 out of the $400 goal per release. It is so close and all it takes is 13 Fans, 3 Supporters, and 1 Sponsor. I believe it is easily achievable. I hope you will support Kinovea and keep its development going.

The following questions help me to decide to provide funding support. If Kinovea disappears tomorrow, how much would I be willing to fund it to bring it back? How much time it saves me not to have to use multiple tools together to get achieve the result? How much will I have to pay to get a commercial software that does the same?  I know I will fund it at least with the Fan level to keep and use it. I hope you will too, https://www.patreon.com/joancharmant.

Disclaimer -- I am just a user like you and have no affiliation with Kinovea and receive no financial incentive or compensation to promote it.