I am trying to track the path of multiple markers attached a body. Unfortunately the markers are the same colour and look very similar, therefore when two markers are within the bounds of the tracking rectangle, they often get mixed up and there is a jump from a marker in one frame to the different marker in the next frame. Is there a way of adjusting the bounds that tracking algorithm searches in to prevent this from happening?

Also, would it be possible to add a feature which calculates the angle between three points. This might be embedded in the angle tool, so that the three points which define the angle can all be tracked at once. Just a thought.

litch09 wrote:

Is there a way of adjusting the bounds that tracking algorithm searches in to prevent this from happening?

Currently this is not possible without changing the source code.
The feature window is computed to be 5% of the image size and the search window is 20%. I agree that the ability to tweak this is desirable.

As often the hard part will be to introduce this possibility without disrupting the general flow of using the default values.
One way might be to have a "hot" lower right corner on the outter search window that would be draggable (maybe with a little hint as for the magnifier window).
(This would increase or decrease both the feature window and the search window though, keeping the ×4 factor between the two. I have tried software where both rectangles can be sized (i.e: Adobe After Effects), and I find it rather hard to manage…)
Or maybe it would make more sense that this dragging would only change the outter window (?)

In any cases, I'm thinking that this possibility should have to be enabled explicitely from the configuration window. This way the default behavior is untouched and the user doesn't risk changing the size of the window when he just want to move it around. (which is very annoying when it happens).

litch09 wrote:

Also, would it be possible to add a feature which calculates the angle between three points. This might be embedded in the angle tool, so that the three points which define the angle can all be tracked at once. Just a thought.

Yes that would be great. It is on the to-do list, but nothing have been done yet.

Thanks for the response Joan. I like the idea of of the dragable box, I think that this would be best done as one dragable point which scales the box. Another option that might work is that if the mouse button is held down for a period and dragged out then this would allow the size of the box to be set from the outset. If a normal quick click is used it would then go to the default value. Does this make sense?

The angle option would be great, I look forward to its implementation.

litch09 wrote:

Another option that might work is that if the mouse button is held down for a period and dragged out then this would allow the size of the box to be set from the outset.

Hmm, this may interfere with the manual moving of the box ? (when manually adjusting the tracked point)

I am trying to track the bat path of a baseball swing, but I am not having any luck??? Is this possible to do?

etexfisherman48 wrote:

I am trying to track the bat path of a baseball swing, but I am not having any luck??? Is this possible to do?

I think you'll have to resort to manual tracking for this. The bat motion is super fast, and it is a rotation. It makes it very hard for the program to match the pattern from one frame to another.
You may have more luck by using stickers on the bat if it's at all possible. Not sure it will work due to the bat rotating on its own axis though. Manual tracking will probably do a better job anyway.

am trying to track tennis racket path of serve , but I am not having any luck??? Is this possible to do?