1 (edited by Slimline 2011-02-08 20:41:51)

Hi

I'm using a Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF to test Kinovea with, but it seems unable to switch resolution during usage. When I try to change resolution from 1600x1200 (5fps) to 640x480 (30fps) it disconnects and reconnects again at 1600x1200 (5fps)

Is there some way to make a config-file that will automatically start the program in the right mode, since when I test with SkillCapture (video4coach.com) it automatically selects that mode (first one offered), and I'm unable to change mode in that program also, so I'm guessing the webcam is reluctant to change from the default mode, but should be able to work fine given a config file so it automatically selects the right mode.

Edit: Just tried running version 0.8.11 which selects the first available mode, and it picks 640x480 (30fps) and works as it should.

Many thanks in advance

Maybe what could be done to mitigate this issue is to make the choice persistent somehow. So that when you select a specific configuration for a given device, the device always open up in this configuration when connected.

This configuration memorization feature may fix your switch problem because when reconnecting it would go with the preferred configuration directly.

Sounds like a good solution, and should work fine as far as I can see. Will keep checking to see if it can be implemented and thanks for response.

Still, I'd like to understand the issue with the switching if possible.

Could you :
- Launch Kinovea, open capture screen. When your camera shows up try to switch configuration.
- After the switch fails and you are back to the 1600x1200 @ 5fps configuration, go to menu Help > Open log folder.
- Open the log.txt in notepad.

- Look for lines with "Connecting to device."
- Copy everything from the first list of possible configurations to the end.
Paste it here or as a comment in bug 234.

Thanks!

And now ofc it shows up as being some random problem with my laptop that now after having installed the 0.8.11 version i can't seem to duplicate, so guess you can close the bug. I'm unable to get you the log needed. Can't remember what it said before either when I looked in it. If I see the issue again I'll make sure to copy the log.

The ability for the previous settings to be saved still seems like a nice idea though.

So sorry for having taken your time with this issue.

No problem smile

I've had some disconnect/reconnect issues in the past so there is probably something going on somewhere.
If you ever come across the issue again, try to find the reproduction scenario.