This might be a crazy question but I have searched high and low on the forum and I cannot findout where to select my camera for live video capturing. Can anyone help me? I really need live capturing feature more then any other feature. Thanks guys for all that you do.

Thanks

It was introduced in the experimental versions after 0.8.7 release. Check the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

(Note: your user name is very reminiscent of what a spam bot might use, it is fortunate you posted a message before I checked for the daily dose of spam accounts wink)

Hi There,

You're right, there isn't a button to manually select your video source in v0.8.7. In this version, the software automatically detects your video source. If you're not getting a video input it could be that your computer is not recognising the camera.

Furthermore, experimental version 0.8.12 has attempted  to solve this issue by incorporating a 'select video source' button that also lets you choose the resolution/frame rate available on the camera.

http://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?id=318

Have a go and see if it solves your problems.

jon

haha joan....just beat me to the post! tongue

Ok thanks I will uninstall 8.7 and install this one. On the 8.7 it is not picking up my camera but on other motion software i download as trials all pick up my camera

The capture screen altogether was only introduced in version 0.8.9 anyway, so it's not that it is not picking up the camera, the function is simply not there.
In the new version, go to menu "View" and select the capture screen.