I am a brand new user to Kinovea and see that the software is very powerful. I have a project where I need to obtain 2-D coordinates of mulitple points in a picture over about 2 seconds of video. Unfortunately the points are not clearly marked so I will need to position markers manually. Is there a way to manually digitize mutiple points so at the end of the analysis I can export a stream of 2-D coordinates for mutiple points into a spreadsheet?

If you just use the crossmarker with coordinates (right click) and manually mark all the spots you want, one frame at a time - then you can export the positioning data to a spreadsheet. In the spreadsheet you will probably have sort the different trajectories by hand... Oh, and you can define your origin of XY also.

You can also use the Tracking feature.

Right click the object and choose "Track this point". You can then move frame by frame and manually set the position of the target by dragging it where you want. (the "automation" is just a help, it tries to find the point automatically but the feature was designed to retain full manual control any time)

For each trajectory created this way, you can right click + configure and set a "label" to differentiate it from the other. This will show up later when you export to spreadsheet (menu File > Export to spreadsheet).

I am tracking longer segments of film (2 minutes), and when tracking multiple points using the cross hairs, some points leave the screen or go out of focus briefly.  When these points become visible again, they are considered new points by Kinovea when they are exported. The problem is that in the exported files that I have made (xml), each new point starts at a time called 0:00:00:00, even though it might be in the middle of my working film.  Is there anyway to make sure that the "real time" of the film is exported with all the tracked points, so that multiple tracked points can be aligned later.  many thanks, Harry