The live delay feature is brillant for coaching purposes. It allows instant feedback when the inconvience of controls is not warrented.

The main limitation is the size of the video screen. Even with the sidebars and controls minimised, the video screen only covers around half the screen size. It would be of great benefit to have a large video so athletes could see their performance from a distance way.

Is it technically possible to implement a full screen mode in Kinovea?

Other ideas could include the ability to minimise the top and bottom toolbars. For example, this is already possible with the sidebar. Any strategy to maximise use of the screen is beneficial.

I agree 200% !

Daww

3 (edited by jon 2011-05-24 14:17:55)

Thanks Daww, I've been using another program called SportsCode Gamebreaker which allows organisation of video footage to illustrate plays in team sports.

It has a full screen mode which is perfect during team meetings to show players what they are doing. I can see full screen mode useful in both live delay and also analysis modes.

joan wrote:

http://www.kinovea.org/images/weather_cloudy.png - Full screen mode with only playback and drawing controls

Full Screen mode is being evaluated! YAY big_smile This will make a lot of people (especially me) very happy.

I would like to have this feature also.  The delayed view screen is too small on a laptop.  I use the delayed playback for my gymnasts on trampoline and tumbling.  Full screen would be great.

philcheetham wrote:

I use the delayed playback for my gymnasts on trampoline and tumbling.

Yes philcheetham, I do that exact thing too!

Also, make sure everyone votes for their favorite ideas (link)