16 (edited by joan 2011-01-26 23:09:37)

Thanks!
I'm having the same behavior.

When saving from Inkscape, everything looks fine, no error message, but then, when going to the actual location in Programs files through Windows Explorer, the file is not there.
(Although if reopening Inkscape save dialog, the file is visible!)

I think this is folder virtualization feature in the works as I suspected above. In Vista and 7, programs runs with normal user privileges (even on an administrator account) so when Inkscape tries to writes to Program files directory, it is transparently redirected to another, safe location.

The files are virtualized into %localappdata%/VirtualStore

17 (edited by Archer4 2011-01-28 10:56:15)

Lovely feature - I've just made a wicket to superimpose on the batsman (although it seems to have lost its transparency - obviously can be done as the protractor is transparent so presumably pilot error)
Same problem with the file not appearing in the Observational Reference list. I noticed that my files had lost their .svg extension  (they showed as Type File rather than Type SVG File) and I could make them (and the installed ones) appear or disappear from the list in Kinovea just by renaming them in Guides with the .svg extension. Looking at the output from Inkscape they are saving without the extension for me (selecting Inkscape svg or Plain svg)

Yes, it will only consider files with the .svg extension for inclusion in the menu.
I see there is a check box in Inkscape's save dialog to "automatically add file extension", do you have it checked?

The menu will update in real time in the next version, by listening to changes in the "guides" folder.
(Also, semi-hidden feature discussed in page 1 of this thread, you can create subdirectories to group the files to your liking.)

What would be really awesome is if there was a central place where users could publish and share these files, and improve them by collaboration. And, it would facilitate diagnostic for issues related to them too.

I find the manipulation of the objects sub optimal though. (handles in corners often get out of the picture, dragging work only if exactly on part of the object, etc.)
If any one has ideas to improve the manipulation, don't hesitate !

I was thinking it would be nice if you could manipulate the objects like you can the perspective grid. So you could make say a custom grid and be able to change the perspective of it.

Is it possible to import an observational reference (i.e. goniometer or a picture) and enable persistence around a key image? This would be similar to a drawing a line or any other annotations.

This is very beneficial to allow multiple .svg images to be used on one video without them overlapping. When making a presentation, i feel i want to show multiple ideal positions when an athlete is performing a skill.