hi,

i download the source code and when i try to run it , i got the error above in ScreenManagerUSerInterface.cs  line 77.  m_ThumbsViewer = new ThumbListView();
i guess something wrong with player server file...i tried to recomple PlayerServer in C++ but again gave me error says "Cannot open include file "avformat.h" No such file or directory"...what might be wrong ?

Hi,

For the first error, this is because you need to copy the FFMpeg dll to the execution directory.

If you are using the 0.7.6 source archive:
You'll find them under : \Refs\FFMpeg\ffmpeg-r10461-gpl-lshared-win32\dll\
You should copy them to : \Root\bin\Debug\ for example.

For the second one, it's my big mistake... I have left absolute path for dependencies directories... sad

In the projects settings (Alt+F7) go to C/C++ > General > Additional Include Directories, and replace everything that is before \Refs, by "..\.."
(Complete path would be : "..\..\Refs\FFMpeg\ffmpeg-r10461-include" )
Do the same in Linker > General > Additional Library Directories.
(Complete path : "..\..\Refs\FFMpeg\ffmpeg-r10461-gpl-lshared-win32\lib")

Note:
You may want to use the source code repository from CodingTeam.net forge as it is more up to date.
Launch your SVN client and do a checkout using the url :
http://svn.codingteam.net/code/kinovea

It shouldn't have the absolute/relative paths problem.

Thanks Joan ,

that solved the problem.

bewegingstechnologie wrote:

Hi Joan,
I've installed all the components and compiled the latest version, but immediately I get an error
on ScreenManager   = new ScreenManagerKernel();. Does this have anything to do with the
visual studio version? I'm running 2010. Also I've noticed some references of the root project
aren't recognized (FileBrowser, ScreenManager, Services and the Updater), is this right?
Best regards,
BT

Hi,
I just did a "check out" from SVN in a separate directory to verify. I didn't have any issues. (Just need to make sure it's compiling for "x86", not "AnyCpu").
I am not using VS2010 right now, so I can't really say if differences in configuration is the source of the problem.

For the references, try to delete them and add them back maybe… I have had to do this with some other projects.
Go to \Root\bin\x86\Debug and check that the dependencies were copied properly: AForge dlls (x5), av* dlls (x5 + postproc-51.dll, + swscale-0.dll), OpenCV cv*.dll (x3) + Emgu (x2), SharpVector (x6).

I don't know if VS is setting some options by default, but the target framework should be set to "2.0".