Hi Joan,

I coach a lot of archery and would really like to be able to video archers with a 10 second or so delay so they can see exactly what they did for each shot.

The problem is that outdoors in bright light it really is difficult to see the screen, especially with the actural image only occupying about 25% of the total screen.

I am considering getting a large seperate display but that brings extra problems with power supply, protecting it from the weather etc.

So my question is "How is work on allowing full screen display going, and is it likely to appear anytime soon?"

This would be the single most important improvement for me.

Thanks for all your work so far, its a great program.

Hi,
Currently I'm not working on it. I'm working on a refactoring of the drawing tools framework to be able to ease the addition and development of future tools. This is currently done in a separate code branch but it has deep impact on the code of the screens, so I'd rather not work on full screen mode until the refactoring is merged in the trunk.
Next, I'd like to work on the multi point tracking and chronophotography.
I guess what is needed is more developer power hmm

I'll try to at least assess the amount of work needed to implement full screen before long.

Many thanks for the information,
I will have to see if I can find a larger screen that I can use.

Thanks again.
D

Dee wrote:

This would be the single most important improvement for me.

Yes, me too! Appreciate the update. I thought implementing full screen mode was a simple process - but apparently not! Thanks for all the hard work

I tried projecting the output onto a large screen outdoors but (predictably) nowhere near bright enough. Ended up just rigging a cloth cover/tunnel around the laptop screen. On reflection it might have worked projecting onto an A4 or A3 size area. Feels like there ought to be an elegant solution

Update:
I started to look into this. I think we could have a primitive full screen support first, and then improve upon it. By primitive, I mean that it will go into full screen (hiding the window bar and Windows task bar), the menu and main tool bar will be hidden, the file explorer collapsed, but the screen itself will still have all its controls on it.
In a later installment, we will have to reconfigure the screen's control dynamically to get the best screen estate possible.

I have just made some proof of work tests in a sandbox so it's still subject to unforeseen issues.

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Appreciate the work!

The NEW version (v0.8.16) with full screen mode is an improvement. I think it is going in the right direction.

However, is there a way to minimise the bottom toolbar? I was imagining full screen mode to only include the video/capture screen.

That is what I meant by

In a later installment, we will have to reconfigure the screen's control dynamically to get the best screen estate possible.

I was thinking the following:
Player screen:
- keeping the tools bar and the key image panel (the key image panel can be collapsed manually already)
- condensing the other controls on a single line. The playback buttons going right to the slow motion control, then the navigation bar, then the save buttons.

Capture screen:
- keeping the tools bar and recently recorded files panel. (the panel can be collapsed manually)
- condensing the rest on a single line. The next image and next video boxes going right to the delay control.

The advantage of this is it keeps the screens entirely functional while improving screen estate a lot. Seems like a good compromise.
However it might be easier (coding wise) to go with just the image. So feedback is important here smile

10 (edited by jon 2011-08-12 07:07:09)

Ah, sorry to sound so demanding tongue

I agree with you ideas to condense the tool bars. It would maintain functionality of the playback and capture screen.

If the live delay the chosen feature was chosen, I have found there would be little need to maintain the tool bars (especially if it can be controlled by shortcuts). Once the delay is setup, there is little need to make any adjustments.

I feel the main purpose of full screen is to allow a presentation mode. If one would need to use the tool bar for recording/capture or annotating the images, they can be switch back to the normal window. What do people think?

Also, switching between display modes (via F11) is perfect.

hello Joan

I tried the new full screen modeits ok to open it but impossible to go back to the normal screen after , is there an   icon to click to comeback on normal mode ? I cant see any ?

12 (edited by jon 2011-08-15 05:57:26)

yvesrpt wrote:

impossible to go back to the normal screen after

yvesrpt, you need to press F11 to switch between modes (i.e. F11 to close full screen). I actually like this idea of shortcut to control full screen mode as it doesn't require moving the mouse.

Maybe a more intuitive shortcut could be the 'Esc' key like on other windows applications. Not sure if that key is already in use.

big_smile

hello

thanks a lot for your help,

cheers

Thanks Joan,

that works well and is a substantial improvement on a laptop.

Would it be possible to set up an option (preference?) to move the playback/capture controls at the bottom of the display to the side of the display?

Most screens now are widescreen and so there tend to be move spare room at the side than at the top or bottom.