The feedback on 0.7.6 has been good (thanks) and several good points have been made.

It occurred to me that some parts weren't up to the quality standard I wanted. This was especially true of the Pencil tool but of some other bits aswell.
So before diving into special effects, DV capture, audio support or other features of 0.8.x, some polishing of the existing is necessary.
This new 0.7.x won't take 4 month to be completed though, and it should be out within the next 4 weeks now.

To be expected:
- Better pencil tool.
- Drawings that fade in/out of their key frame or stay visible for ever.
- Direct zoom into picture.
- Semi automatic tracking through template matching.
- Plus as many bug fixes as possible.

It must be as stable and bug free as possible since future versions will add many new areas for bugs to hide into.
So please, I emphasize that bug reports are the very important contribution you can do.
Try all options systematically, try to make it break, and please report when it does.

Thank you big_smile

Hi Joan,

I have not reported in a while but wanted to give you an update. As far as the program goes it has work very well since the last update. I have not used it as much lately since we are in our off season for Baseball here. We will start practicing again soon so I will run it through its paces harder. When you get the update ready to test send it my way and I will run some of my old videos through it to see how everything goes.

I would love to see the drawings stay in the image as long as I would like. The feature you took off as far as copying a previous drawing to the current image would be nice if you could re add it.

Also the problem I was having with high def videos are the computer. I purchased a new laptop with a Pentium 2.0 GHz processor and 4 GB or ram and the videos work fairly smooth. They still only play at around 70 - 80% speed on there own, but they are not as jerky as before.

Also, I do not know if this is possible.When you save a key image to a PDF file is there a whay to set it up so I can have more than one image per page. Or is that a function I need to perform in Acrobat.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Mike wrote:

When you get the update ready to test send it my way and I will run some of my old videos through it to see how everything goes.

Check your mail smile

Mike wrote:

I would love to see the drawings stay in the image as long as I would like. The feature you took off as far as copying a previous drawing to the current image would be nice if you could re add it.

Drawings that spread over several images is in. Hopefully it removes the need for the copy function.

Mike wrote:

Also the problem I was having with high def videos are the computer. I purchased a new laptop with a Pentium 2.0 GHz processor and 4 GB or ram and the videos work fairly smooth. They still only play at around 70 - 80% speed on there own, but they are not as jerky as before.

Yes, there is still things to be done in this area, for when even higher image size and frequencies will come...

Mike wrote:

Also, I do not know if this is possible.When you save a key image to a PDF file is there a whay to set it up so I can have more than one image per page. Or is that a function I need to perform in Acrobat.

This is something I have had on mind for quite a while and I even have the interface somewhat worked out.
The current PDF export is very weak in my opinion. I decided to remove it temporarily because it is not up to date with the latest modifications (direct zoom and persisting drawings) and I don't want to make updates to it until the very function you are talking about is in place.

Joan,

Any update on when the next version will be available?

It should be available later this week. Probably wednesday.

Great work on 0.7.10 Joan!

You've created a great piece of sofware. Thanks!! I have used it with quite a few of my archers to show inefficient technique, and seeing it frame by frame convinces them. Keep the upgrades coming.

à bientôt.