Morning folks,
Have to say I am a big fan Kinovea and think the work Joan is doing is simply superb.
To that end I would like to try and get a bit more involved & not just sit here waiting for new releases to come out. I did read a post somewhere talking about how as bugs are fixed & new features are added that Joan makes the source code available for people to try out etc.
So the question is, how feasible is it for a newbie like myself to get into using & testing the features via the source code & is there anyone happy to baby me through the process of translating code into useable software?
As for my experience, I'm a competent pc user, have created web sites & setup simple systems but have no knowledge of code at all.
Over to you guys.

Hi,
For a start I should update the info on the wiki which is quite outdated by now.

The source code lives here : https://bitbucket.org/kinovea/kinovea/src
The most basic tools needed will be a mercurial client to pull the sources (ex: TortoiseHg) and a C# IDE (ex: SharpDevelop) to build.

Getting the code to build and run on your machine is the first step. Once you get that you can start exploring, test the latest additions, put a breakpoint in the code and follow what it does, etc.

Thanks for the info Joan. I've imported everything into my own repository to play with so there is no danger of me clowning things up smile