Pretty sure I've read this somewhere before but can't find it now.
Having used a PS3eye cam for a while I've just bought myself a EX-FH100 to hopefully produce some better quality video.
Problem I am encountering is that the video will only playback at a much reduced speed, if I enter the correct frame rate under the high speed camera menu it gives me sensible time & speed measurements but doesn't change the playback speed?
Bit baffled as with the previous camera I could do 120fps & playback at real world speed.
Any thoughts folks?

Indeed the high speed camera setting has no effect on playback speed, it just changes the time base used to compute time values.

The resulting maximum reacheable framerate will depend on the bandwidth of the video (size of images and frames per second) and on the encoding format. The encoding has a great impact on the decoding time. If decoding + display cannot be done in less than the frame interval, frames are skipped. If this repeats constantly, the speed slider is automatically brought down.

In recent versions, the decoder tries to use the display size so that the image can be rendered without interpolation as fast as possible. Try to decrease the size of the image with the corner handles to see if it mitigates the problem.