hello everyone.  i was wondering if anyone out here knew of a good way to convert an animated gif file into an avi file or something workable with kinovea?  the file that i have is a actual ".gif" not the ".agp" suffix.  the gif file plays correctly when opened in IE offline, but i just can't find a converter.

any help would be greatly appreciated.  by the way, i am using version 0.8.16

thanks!

Hi,
Exclusive news: the next version will have native animated GIF support.
I don't know when this version will be available though. It may take a while because of some low level plumbing that was also done and is not finished.

that's awesome news!  i'm in a bit of a pinch though right now and am trying to import some video for my girls before we hit the cages tomorrow.  any chance there is a work around for the interim?  thanks again.

Hi
Until the native support arrives the (free) Any Video Converter will do animated .gif to .avi conversions. It isn't stated as converting .gifs in the description but I've had it for a while for something else (it's the recommended converter for a commercial sport analysis package that I tried BK (Before Kinovea)) and I've just done a few .gif -> .avi conversions to try it out - it runs fine including in Kinovea
Regards

8.21 opens GIFs.

I wish I could save as GIF.