Hi all,
l'm enquiring if Kinovea will run on the Windows RT platform?  l'm trying to create a standalone underwater pole camera using a GoPro.  l have the image outputted from the GoPro 2 using an external electronic board plugged into the back, through an analog video digitiser (Hauppauge USB live 2) into a tablet (Acer Iconia W3-810).  While the video can be viewed in Kinovea frames are dropped when recording using Kinovea.  l think this is due to a specifications of the tablet not being good enough to support this process so l would like upgrade the tablet to a Microsoft surface tablet (or similar) but this runs using Windows RT.  Therefore, l'm enquiring if Kinovea will run on this operating platform? 

Regards,
Alan

If anyone has tried to do this before or can recommend that would fit this purpose l'm very open to suggestion.  l'm aware there are many ways to capture the image but a tablet is the prefered option as they are light weight and Kinovea will allow for immediate feedback after the event.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It will not run on Windows RT.
I have reports that it runs fine on Windows 8 although I haven't personally tested it yet.
So in terms of tablets, it means the "Surface Pro", not the "Surface" (similarly Surface Pro 2 / Surface 2).

l'm aware that there are limited options when it comes to tablets which run full windows operating system.  The MS Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2 are the two obvious choices and are more pooular but are quiet large and pricey.  As a result of that l l'm using an Acer Iconia at present and it doesn't have the processing power to record the signal from the camera.   

Does anyone know of other options of tablets that run the full windows platform?  Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,
Alan

Kinovea 0.8.15 does not run on my Windows 8.1.
It sticks on the opening splash screen and goes no further.
However, if you use the Compatibility Wizard on Windows and select Windows 7 , it runs fine.

robert99 wrote:

Kinovea 0.8.15 does not run on my Windows 8.1.
It sticks on the opening splash screen and goes no further.
However, if you use the Compatibility Wizard on Windows and select Windows 7 , it runs fine.

It sounds like a .NET platform issue. Kinovea needs .NET 3.5, which is not enabled by default on Windows 8. Check this link for more details.

Coaches Eye ....... which is a scaled down quick use Kinovea like program is now out for Windows 8.  Before it was ONLY an android App.   It's original programmer was/is a gymnastics coach. 

I do not know if it saves video to a format you can upload into Kinovea on another system (desk top?) for further analysis