Link to website : http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/

This is definitely something to check out and experiment with. It will compute the optical flow of the scene and interpolate frames between the existing ones to create a fluid slow motion effect.

The graph editor requires some trial and error as it's very generic and defaults to segments instead of curves. You can basically map the input time (vertical axis) to the output time (horizontal axis) in any way you want, to create slow, static, fast, reverse motion.

Got it to crash a few times so definitely save your project often smile

I don't know if it would be useful to have this type of slow motion at analysis time since the frames are built from scratch and will not give you any information you are missing. For qualitative analysis it may be more pleasing to watch and help feeling the movement better. For export purposes it would be very nice to warp time around the key images in the time freeze export for example.

thank you i will check the big_smile

apsijas

3 (edited by Chas Tennis 2014-12-01 20:51:02)

joan wrote:

Link to website : http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/

.......................................You can basically map the input time (vertical axis) to the output time (horizontal axis) in any way you want, to create slow, static, fast, reverse motion.
I don't know if it would be useful to have this type of slow motion at analysis time since the frames are built from scratch and will not give you any information you are missing. For qualitative analysis it may be more pleasing to watch and help feeling the movement better. ......................................

For analysis - I vote against any analysis of post processed videos with frames containing created object positions.

I look at tennis serve videos.  Recently, I believe that Youtube has a slow motion option for some videos.  Analyzing a 30 fps (or 25 fps) recorded video that has somehow been processed to create additional false frames for 30 fps playback is counterproductive for analysis and might lead to false conclusions. 

Videos with post-processed-created false object positions should be identified.  When asked what the post processing might have been, most posters don't know or respond. 

For entertainment, especially where the video will be played back at 30 fps and no one will do stop-action single-frame for analysis, the post processed videos can display fast actions in a more viewable way. 

To keep things clear it helps, for example, to specify a video recoded at 240 fps for video playback at 30 fps.  The video recording rate determines all the information that you have for analysis.   But if additional frames are created by post processing there is a disconnect, which frames are false?