I really like the View -> Two Playback Screens functionality to view two videos side by side. However, when saving/exporting the videos, only the left video is exported. Is it possible to export side by side?

Hi,
It could be a bug but I don't reproduce it at the moment. There is a "dual save" button at the bottom right, in the common controls panel, is this what you are using? Which version of Kinovea are you using?

3 (edited by Chas Tennis 2019-11-25 19:50:31)

Recently with 8.25, I expected to be saving the side-by-side videos.  I must have increased the size of my screen and did not notice that the icons in the bottom right were for the single video and not the side-by-side. Is there some way to color code or place to make fool proof?

I often increase the display size of videos especially for analyzing side-by-side videos where I don't have control of videoing.  Often to start, one image of a tennis server is large but the other is small. If I am placing, for example, the angle tool on the smaller image, the Kinovea video gets smaller when the angle tool is selected. It is too small to work with and I increase display magnification.  My screen is 17" so I guess others do the same.

I use the Kinovea magnification tool to good effect in the final videos but the added angle tool or texts, etc, don't appear in the  magnification box.  When it is done and full screen it seems to be pretty good but for placing the angle tool, lines, arrows, etc, on a small image, it's difficult.

A second off topic issue involves the forum.  When I try to go directly to the latest post by clicking on the date of the latest post, I don't get the post.  Instead, I get a REPLY BOX for it.  This has been the case for some time.

To get more screen estate you can explicitly collapse the key image panel with the arrow on the right. You can also switch to full screen with F11 (revert to normal with F11 as well).

I agree it would be nice if the magnifier showed the drawings, and also the cursor. Then you could use it as a real magnifier… I'll have to revisit this.