Topic: Issues with delay timing
Recently I stumbled upon some strange things with the timing of the delay. I'm using Kinovea 0.8.27 with an IP camera 1080p30.
When I open the video stream there is an initial delay of around 0.3 second, because an IP stream is not 100% realtime (this is expected behaviour). The reported framerate is 'stable' at 29.9-30.1 fps. Display framerate is set at 30 fps.
Now when I increase the delay to 1800 frames (60sec @30 fps), the actual delay in the video is around 85 seconds.
When I record the delayed stream, I get around 21 fps recorded (so the playback is way too fast).
If I now change the display framerate from 30 fps to 21 fps (and reset the delay to 60s@21fps==1260 frames), the actual delay in the video is the correct 60 seconds. and playback of a new recording is at normal speed.
Proposal for 3 changes:
1. Indicate the actual display framerate in the statusbar on top of the video.
2. Fix the delay slider timing+frames to the actual display framerate, so the reported delay is correct.
3. Set the correct fps (actual display fps) in the header of the recorded video.