Hi Guys.

I'm a football coach, working in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
First, I want to thank you for this tool. Is vey useful and really fantastic.
Yesterday, I was working on a video, and when I want to create a slideshow using keyframes, the mp4 increase to 120 mb (original video 13 mb).
There is a solution so that the file is not so heavy?

Again, thank you so much for the tool. I really appreciate it.

P.D: If you need to translate some information or .doc to Spanish, just let me know.

Any update, guys?

Hi,

For the slideshow function, due to a technical limitation which is currently out of my reach, the saving function needs to repeat the frames over and over several times into the output file, until the specified interval is matched.
Basically, there is a minimum of 8ms or something for the frame interval, so at some point frame repetition is unavoidable.
This frame repetition is causing the file to grow.

I don't think there is a solution to this issue right now and unless many persons find it unacceptable, I would rather work to improve other areas.

In a general sense, the file size of the various saving options won't be correlated to the original video because Kinovea will not use the same encoding profile than the original.
I had to weight several factors into account and file size suffered of the tradeoff (Couldn't find a reliable way to compute an adequate quality factor, so I use an arbitrary high value, which gives large files).
Thanks smile