Hello!
Can i just open a videofile by adding it to a commandline option ex. kinovea.exe -f c:/videos/myvideo.avi
Regards stephan

Hi,
Unfortunately it is not possible for now.

I had started to work on it some time ago, but it was mostly to support the "Open with..." windows menu and it didn't work out.
However I'm interested in your use case... Is it for a shortcut, a script, something else ?

Hi Joan!
I want to use this feature for a script based action. first i want to record a video and then alalyse it with kinovea but just open the video window (without explorer). thanks for replies.

Thanks for the info. It does sound interesting to have some scriptability support.

Could you elaborate on what would be according to you interesting options to have ? (anyone reading this post is welcomed too)

You mentionned input file and being able to hide explorer... Anything else ? Maybe an option to play automatically or setting slow motion ?

When we have defined it a bit more, I'll add it to the suggestion list (french only for now, sorry). And at some point it'll be prioritised and scheduled for a specific release.

Hi!
Following options would be interesting also to make shortcuts
- define input file for single or split view
- show or hide explorer
- play automatically
- speed definition (slow or fast percentage)
- color profile

maybe this ist possible:
start kinovea with 2 videowindows and hide explorer automatically plays each file at speed 80

kinovea.exe -hide -split -file1 c:/video1.avi -autoplay true -speed 80 -file2 c:/video2.avi -autoplay true -speed 80 -colorprofile c:/color.xml

sounds cracy ??
thanx stephan

Hi,
Thank you for the insight and suggestion.
I'll add it to the list.

Hi Joan!
Can i help you developing the command line option. Therefor i need an example how to implement the option in your code. if you have time to imlement eg the open video option i would be thankful.
stephan

Hi Stephan,
I just sent you a mail.