0.9.3, golf swing analysis

I'm running (currently) one instance of Kinovea with one capture and one playback window. The recording is triggered by microphone.

Steps:
- Opening Kinovea. In the explorer window, I can see the camera
- Click on capture/playback button
- Double click on camera, adjustment of delay
- Right click in playback window, selecting the replay folder observer. Last video starts to replay. Adjusting the replay speed with slider

Capturing and recording works now perfect, absolutely great tool, thanks!

After finishing the golfing session, I simply close Kinovea, however, the next time I open Kinovea, I have to run through all the above mentioned steps, as Kinovea does not safe the last settings. I thought, I have read somewhere that it should save the last configuration. I'm I missing something, or is this the way how it works? No problem for me if that's the case, however, opening up with last settings would be nice :-).

Thanks for your help!

Hi,
Yes this is the way it currently works in 0.9.3.
The "saving last configuration" you read was probably about the fact that the camera options themselves, like exposure time, framerate, etc. should be restored when you reopen that particular camera.

For the next version there is a concept of "workspace" that will contain the screen arrangement and content. Each instance can have its own workspace and will start up on this arrangement. Maybe later there will be a different or related function to save and restore the state every time but first I will want to get some feedback on that workspace feature.

Hi Joan,
Thanks for clarification! No problem, I can live with that! Still a superb tool!