Hi there!

I just recently discovered the new version and wanted to try it right away. Unfortunately, when I want to track a marker with the track path function I cannot use the configuration tool anymore.
When I right click on the marker and choose "configure" instead of the  configuration tool window the following error pops up:
"Unhandled exception has occured in your application."

Doe anyone else have the same problem?
Can you reproduce that or do you need any further information?

Cheers
Franziska

2 (edited by joan 2021-05-04 10:04:54)

franziska mally wrote:

Hi there!

I just recently discovered the new version and wanted to try it right away. Unfortunately, when I want to track a marker with the track path function I cannot use the configuration tool anymore.
When I right click on the marker and choose "configure" instead of the  configuration tool window the following error pops up:
"Unhandled exception has occured in your application."

Doe anyone else have the same problem?
Can you reproduce that or do you need any further information?

Cheers
Franziska

Yes, same problem. The file I'm working with is very large (2 hours, about 6.3 GB). I tried again with a smaller video that I'd used in the past for a teaching assignment and same error.

Here's the info from debug when it happens:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Kinovea.ScreenManager.Viewport.ForceZoomValue()
   at Kinovea.ScreenManager.Viewport.InitializeDisplayRectangle(Rectangle saved, Size referenceSize)
   at Kinovea.ScreenManager.formConfigureTrajectoryDisplay.InitializeDisplayRectangle(Size imgSize, Int64 timestamp)
   at Kinovea.ScreenManager.formConfigureTrajectoryDisplay..ctor(DrawingTrack track, Metadata metadata, Bitmap image, Int64 timestamp, Action invalidate)
   at Kinovea.ScreenManager.PlayerScreenUserInterface.mnuConfigureTrajectory_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Kinovea.ScreenManager.PlayerScreenUserInterface.SurfaceScreen_MouseDoubleClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDoubleClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4341.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Kinovea
    Assembly Version: 0.9.4.0
    Win32 Version: 0.9.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Kinovea/Kinovea.exe

(edited for brevity)

Thanks! I could reproduce the issue and fix the crash.

Hi, I am experiencing the same error when using tracking

I re-released 0.9.4 with a fix for this as it was fairly critical.