The latest versions of kinovea (0.9.5 and 0.9.4) are not exporting properly in XML.
They are not considering comma or dot. Thanks

Hi,
I don't reproduce the problem at the moment, please let me know of the following:
- What column has the problem, the data column or the time column?
- If it's the time column, make sure you are using a numerical time format, the default time format is a time code, not a number, if there were minutes it could look like this for example "3:10.54". If you only have seconds and hundredths it can look like a number separated by a dot but it's not a number, it's text. You can use the Total milliseconds format instead to make sure the time column is numerical.
- If it's not that, let me know what you have set in Windows under Control panel > Region > Additional settings > Numbers > Decimal symbol. This is the character that should be used.
- If it still doesn't work, let me know what kind of object is exported with the wrong format, maybe it's specific to the tool.

Hi:
it is data column, specifically angle column. We are not having any problem with lines. For example: CI_Ankle    8931226    0.20 (the angle should be 89.3).
Another issue is the vertical angle. It can not be exported, correct?

Thanks, I can reproduce the problem.
No there is no easy way to export the angle to vertical at the moment.

Version 0.9.3 can export correctly....I hope this is an easy issue to fix.
Please, let me know if it is working correctly. We are running research with your software.
Regards

I see what the problem is in the code but this seems to be an old bug and I have the same problem in 0.9.3 so I would like to understand whether we are talking about the same bug or if it's two different ones.

The problem is that it is writing the value with the comma as decimal separator in the XML. The spreadsheet expects it with a dot. This issue is specific to the angle tool.

One confounding factor is that in 0.9.3 and prior versions the angle tool doesn't show decimals in the user interface.
I only have LibreOffice Calc on this machine and I import the MS-Excel file into it so this may be a factor as well. I get the same results when exporting to ODF anyway.

For reference:
Windows settings: Control panel > Region > Formats > Additional settings > "Decimal symbol".
LibreOffice settings: Tools > Options > Language settings > Languages > "Locale setting" and "Decimal separator key".

Experiment 1:
- Windows regional settings: ,
- LibreOffice settings: Locale=French (France), Decimal separator: Same as locale setting (,).
- Kinovea 0.9.3.
- Export to MS-XML.
- Opened in LibreOffice: BUG. The data is stored with a comma which is interpreted as thousand separator by the spreadsheet.

Experiment 2:
- Windows regional settings: .
- LibreOffice settings: Locale=French (France), Decimal separator: Same as locale setting (,).
- Kinovea 0.9.3.
- Export to MS-XML.
- Opened in LibreOffice: GOOD. The data is stored with a dot. The spreadsheet then display it with commas.

In summary:
- The bug is triggered when using comma as decimal separator in Windows (I will fix this).
- Using dot as decimal separator in Windows works around the bug.
- Changing the spreadsheet option only impacts the spreadsheet display and doesn't trigger the bug.

I get the same problem using 0.8.27, 0.9.3, 0.9.5.

Can you describe your configuration where it was working in 0.9.3?
Thanks

our settings are exactly the same way
Windows settings: Control panel > Region > Formats > Additional settings > "Decimal symbol".
Suddenly (I could not understand why) my computer is exporting lines and angles correctly.
However, when I exported linear kinematics (speed and distance) there is no separator decimal key,l as the example below:
Time (ms)    M2_SS_PED
33    0
67    450.503.396.987.915
300    852.408.790.588.379
333    115.086.584.091.187 (I do not understand why in 333 ms the value is lower than 300 ms, considering the subject is walking straight ahead)