I'm doing a simplification pass and I want to get rid of this.

To explain what this is, it is a small collection of SVG files that are built into the program and exposed through dedicated menus under Tools > Observational references > … (circle, clock, foot, etc.).

These menus are simply wrappers around the creation of an SVG drawing object. To be clear, you can always use the "Import image" menu and point it to an SVG file on your system, it will do the same thing. The only thing special about these menus is that these particular SVG files are builtin. You can find the files under the "guides" folder in the program files.

The collection feels awkward. There is no clear driving logic as to what should be there, nobody is making/contributing new files and I've basically never seen a video where someone was using this feature. I feel it should be acceptable for the few that may be using this to use the import image menu instead.

This would promote the "Import image…" menu directly under tools. (maybe add this to the toolbar).
What do you think?

I have a lot of experience with vector drawing programs, and so don't find the need to use these simplistic graphics, but then again, perhaps coaches, analysts or kinesiologists don't have such a background. I like how Word allows one to search an online repository for images to include in documents, and see that as a more powerful upgrade for Kinovea, but I'm not the one putting in the long hours to integrate such functionality. :-)