Add a toggle button that can 1 click to hide/show (disappear/appear) all overlayed drawings (line, grid, marker, etc..) on the screen. Useful for interchange between naked/plain video and overlay drawing / analyzed video during presentation video session.

I am thinking of adding a "Presentation mode" with dedicated interaction mechanics for these sort of scenarios.

Here are some of the ideas, please add some more because I need to figure out if this can be implemented as a video mode similar to the new Kinogram mode, or something different.

- Adding drawings doesn't pop the keyframe area up.
- A shortcut let you delete all drawings at once.
- Scrubbing the timeline by directly dragging in the main video area, maybe CTRL+drag because otherwise it conflicts with panning during zoom.
- Pencil tool that has an arrow automatically created at the end.
- Better support for stylus interaction (Wacom graphic tablet). Currently there is a big lag during the very first stroke when it checks for "gestures", it needs to be disabled in the Wacom settings for it to work smoothly (very unhappy about this).

Basically the style of interaction I would like to optimize this mode for is the quick audio commentary (either in person or recorded by something like OBS). You move in the timeline, add a few lines/pencil strokes for illustrating what you are saying, almost immediately delete them once you made your point, move a bit more in the video, repeat.

3 (edited by CL 2023-03-23 15:12:51)

If there are 'Presentation mode' and 'Analysis mode (currently)' that would be a good idea. The 'toggle button' that I mentioned can disappear & re-appear back all kinds of drawing on screen temporary so that can see whole human segment without being blocked.

Besides, I would like to suggest adding a simple straight 'vertical / horizontal' line drawing, similar to 'angle to vertical & angle to horizontal' but without the intersection angle line.

Btw I am using ver.9.5 and I not aware there is 'Kinogram' feature in Kinovea. It will be great if you may share how to get the 'Kinogram' feature in Kinovea.

Oh the 'Kinogram' mode is mentioned in the GitHub document (changelog: 0.9.6 - TBD). Hope the new version release soon!  smile cool

Yes, it is coming in the next version, still working on it. I already rewrote the Kinogram interaction system several times in the meantime, but it's almost done.

To draw straight vertical/horizontal lines you can hold the SHIFT key while moving the end point. In general the SHIFT modifier means some sort of constraint in the program. This works on angles and the pencil tool as well.