Is anyone aware of a release date for the next update? I'm interested in the reported addition of kinograms to the software.

Thanks

Hi, I should be able to post a first version over the week-end.

Wonderful, thank you Joan!

Quick update. I think a first tentative release for version 2023.1 is ready, I'll make a full post tomorrow with links.

I fixed some more bugs and updated the language strings for French, Spanish and Italian. These are the only languages I feel comfortable enough doing this with, but as I added/changed many menus and user interface the other translations generally fell behind. Help is greatly appreciated here -> https://hosted.weblate.org/engage/kinovea/

My code signing certificate expired and in the meantime the requirements have changed so apparently now I'll need to buy a more expensive certificate (+$300/year) plus a piece of hardware in order to sign the binaries, so the first release is not going to be signed. I'll provide the SHA1 hash on twitter for integrity checking, so at least anyone can verify themselves, but Windows will raise some warning messages during the installation.

There is a list of issues and important limitations that I haven't had time to address but I don't want to delay this any further.